Terrain Spliting

big_b

Build 116243

After removing some Digholes and spline tunnel I went to replace it with a Track Type Tunnel.
Now every time I place a tunnel ( have tried a few different ones ) the terrain splits where the digholes were removed
If the tunnel is moved the terrain returns to normal but splits again if I add or move a tunnel into place
Any ideas ?

upload my image on image website

upload pic net

The terrain looks normal until I move a Tunnel into place then a dighole seems to appear off centre to the tunnel entrance
I've checked and there ae no digholes there
It moves with the tunnel entrance but only in a straight line between the two original digholes move it to the side off centre of the original dighole tunnel and the split is gone

It's happening with every Track Type Tunnel I've tried including multiple tracks
If I use Dighole and Dighole Type Tunnel the terrain behaves as it should
I've tied replacements in other locations where digholes are used and found no problem
In this location a Track Type Tunnel is only opening part of the dighole for the tunnel entrance along the area that's splitting

QA have checked this out and can't repro the issue using digholes, or "proper tunnels".
Can you please send in a test route that demonstrates the issue using this form: Trainz Bug Report

I can only upload the route I'm working on CDP is 53.1mb
How do I upload as bug report says only 10mb

You can upload the route to Dropbox, One-Drive, Google Drive or something similar then provide a share link to the file in the report.

Uploaded and Bug submitted
The area in question is in the Brown Textured section of the route and marked in White

Reply from QA incase anyone else has this problem

The issue appears to be due to being on a baseboard boundary. Moving the tunnel a little to the left or right solves the split.

We've tried to reproduce on a test map with similar terrain and tunnels, with and without using digholes, and cannot reproduce the issue.

I think this is one of those "avoid the area" issues rather than trying to figure out how to break it regularly.

I'd agree with that as I have run into the same thing with smoothing splines on board joints. As the advice from N3V says, I just work around it.

Cheers Graeme

This may also have something to do with the 5m grid. I placed a tunnel near the edge of the baseboard and it was fine then changed the baseboard to 5m. I then added another baseboard 10m next to it and the split happened. Changed the 10m to 5m and the split went.
2 x 10m baseboards
10m-x-2-baseboard.jpg

10m and 5m baseboard
5m-x-2-baseboard.jpg

2 x 5m baseboard
10m-and-5m-baseboards.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the extra detail. It does look like the 5m grid isn't working correctly along the baseboard seams. Task raised.

Definitely the 5mtr grid
I just changed a section from 10mtr to 5mtr and the splits appeared all around the board edge at various points
Changed back to 10mtr and all the splits were gone again

Last edited:
Back