Random weirdness.

Sean_lee

Did an edit session of my Route today, to change a consist. Chose drive session, Loco stayed motionless but the speedo and distance travelled were registering. Most Odd. Anyhow getting out of session and starting again fixed it. But most odd.
Other question I thought there was going to be a clean up of old content on Download Station, some stuff has been there 20 years. And quite honestly needs either upgrading by the creator or deleting. As it is now below standard most of us expect.
I would love to be able to create content but I feel I dont have the computer skills to do so. Even if my mind says that would be a good thing to create.

Yep, that is odd. No idea why it happened.
I don't think cleaning up the DLS is a good move, there are some assets that are still useful as distant filler. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
What would be the cutoff point? Who would decide what goes? How many recent routes would be affected and afflicted with missing assets? There are still some good 20 year old assets out there, would they go too? Don't forget that some people still use older versions of Trainz.

I suppose my take on a clean up is items especially rolling stock that is basic 2D standard and just looks poor to the eye. But when you look at what was created 20yrs ago against now. Chalk and cheese. Agree the what goes what stays is a whole project on its own. But a filter either by N3v for them cull out old content or a user selected one may work.

There already is a filter for that. Use minimum build version in CM and you won't see assets any older than you specify.

Found out why I had a Loco stood, but the Odo said it was moving. On loading driver the Loco showing was not the Loco to drive. It was where I had left off in Surveyor. It was a Loco at the opposite end of the Route. Went thru my driver list to see who was on the move..Ah ha So thats a small, would you call it a bug ??? Anyhow on reloading clicking on the Loco showing fixed that. But was a head scratcher for a while.

Back