Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116271 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116243 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116271 (PC) - Trainz Plus Beta stream

Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116175 - update to come shortly that should fix issues with Big Sur not starting up.
UPDATE: Mac 116302 is now available.

The fix/unfix for window placement has been re-fixed and we've integrated the fix for session layers getting messed up (with certain older content). This should resolve a number of derailments and other issues related to layers.

Please test layers as much as possible including locked layers, merging layers and re-ordering layers.

Changelist:

• Windows are resizable and moveable
  • Layers created in older content should no longer be corrupted when loading into TRS22

Known Issues:

• Merging certain routes results in a hang.
  • Mouse cursor can get stuck in "drag" mode when undocking palettes
  • There is a missing dependency from West from Denver.
  • S20 Scrapbook painting is very slow on large maps.
  • Fine adjustment tool moves arrow on fixed track and not the fixed track.
  • Remove from Picklist doesn't trigger list refresh.
  • Tidewater trackwork requires updating.

Reporting any issues:
If you have had a problem in the past and it still occurs, or if you find a new issue, please submit a detailed Trainz Bug Repor

Last edited:
Thanks Tony and crew that was real fast service again !

Confirmed:
-windows work as expected again, move and resize
-rotate and height adjustment works
-so far no troubles with layers (only have older routes here)

.. and also thankz from me .. real quick update : less than 3 min., including dbr ..
palettes ok ..
and just a question : palette window has a max height ? : when i want an undocked assets palette, next to the tools and tool options palettes, i can freely resize to any width .. but the height is limited ..
grtz

This beta is the best TRS22 so far, but hope some work can still be done on interface design (not just polish)

Docking areas left and right
-when undocking a grey bar remains, consider making them full transparent/invisible

Basic windows
would be handy to have 3 standard buttons top right:
--minimize it, just the top bar stays visible and can be placed anywhere
[] -resize it to previous size
X- close the window (totally removed)

Asset window
-after undocking you cannot drag/enlarge it all the way down, has some limit set, please remove
-using 240x180 icons and show them as square is not always looking good
-a selected item get a bluebox around the thumbnail/icon, this works if the icon is dark
however when the icon is white you hardly see it
-if you made the asset window much wider and drag it to the docking zones, it shrinks/jumps in width
specially this window can be handy to be wider, where ever it's placed to get more info

Tools Window
-The Eyedropper tool is great,
Scenery items that are missing (orange boxes) you hover over correct it can show the missing kuid,
for splines however this does not work, it always shows missing spline without the kuid
-Marque tool to add/delete many baseboards at once is great
they only show when selected convert to 5/10m, from the context sensitive menu

Asset preview
-consider to use the code, from the one in S1, that one you can stop rotation, zoom, turn

Selection Yellow/green
-would be cool if there was a setting to set the intensity, or make more transparent

Context Sensitive menu
-would be cool if it was transparent or less wide
-the icons to reach this are very small, would good to have an option to set the size

The top bar
is valuable interface space, would like to see there at all times:
[undo][raster][current selected kuid][Active layer]

Easier way to
-bulk asset replace in S2
-use rulers
-use/change old water
-move consist

good luck developing TRS22 to be the best Trainz ever

Last edited:
This beta is the best TRS22 so far, but hope some work can still be done on interface design (not just polish)

Docking areas left and right
-when undocking a grey bar remains, consider making them full transparent/invisible

Basic windows
would be handy to have 3 standard buttons top right:
--minimize it, just the top bar stays visible and can be placed anywhere
[] -resize it to previous size
X- close the window (totally removed)

Asset window
-after undocking you cannot drag/enlarge it all the way down, has some limit set, please remove
-using 240x180 icons and show them as square is not always looking good
-a selected item get a bluebox around the thumbnail/icon, this works if the icon is dark
however when the icon is white you hardly see it
-if you made the asset window much wider and drag it to the docking zones, it shrinks/jumps in width
specially this window can be handy to be wider, where ever it's placed to get more info

Tools Window
-The Eyedropper tool is great,
Scenery items that are missing (orange boxes) you hover over correct it can show the missing kuid,
for splines however this does not work, it always shows missing spline without the kuid
-Marque tool to add/delete many baseboards at once is great
they only show when selected convert to 5/10m, from the context sensitive menu

Asset preview
-consider to use the code, from the one in S1, that one you can stop rotation, zoom, turn

Selection Yellow/green
-would be cool if there was a setting to set the intensity, or make more transparent

Context Sensitive menu
-would be cool if it was transparent or less wide
-the icons to reach this are very small, would good to have an option to set the size

The top bar
is valuable interface space, would like to see there at all times:
[undo][raster][current selected kuid][Active layer]

Easier way to
-bulk asset replace in S2
-use rulers
-use/change old water
-move consist

good luck developing TRS22 to be the best Trainz ever

I would say these are essential changes. Someone at N$V needs lessons in interface design, that's for sure.

John

Simple question, has the functionality of the Topology > Adjust Height tool been eliminated in S2.0? If so why? This is an essential tool to the fine fitting of terrain contours around buildings, bridge abutments, tunnel portals and near to the track. Combine it with the sensitivity setting and it would be a joy to use in S2.0.

Simple question, has the functionality of the Topology > Adjust Height tool been eliminated in S2.0? If so why? This is an essential tool to the fine fitting of terrain contours around buildings, bridge abutments, tunnel portals and near to the track. Combine it with the sensitivity setting and it would be a joy to use in S2.0.

The functionality hasn't been removed. You use the Brush Tool/Ground Height then select either Up/Down/Set Height/Grade. Set the radius and sensitivity.

I have found that most functions in S2.0 involve a lot more clicks than S1.0. An example and probably the most frustrating for me is the setting of point/switch directions. The red /green arrows don't seem to work and you have select each point/switch in turn, click on the icon then select Change Junction Direction. That's a total of 3 clicks per point/switch/junction! Unless there is another way.

John

None of these provide the function of the Adjust Height tool, "Up/Down/Set Height/Grade". This tool in Classic allows with a single tool to both raise and lower terrain grid points by clicking and holding the LMB while moving the mouse forwards and backwards. The grid point moves up and down with the movement of the mouse. This is a real time interactive adjustment. The Up terrain and down terrain modes are clumsy in comparison and I find my self having to switch back and forth to achieve the same results. Set height is just the old Plateau tool with a bit more control via the numeric input field.

Last edited:
None of these provide the function of the Adjust Height tool, "Up/Down/Set Height/Grade". This tool in Classic allows with a single tool to both raise and lower terrain grid points by clicking and holding the LMB while moving the mouse forwards and backwards. The grid point moves up and down with the movement of the mouse. This is a real time interactive adjustment. The Up terrain and down terrain modes are clumsy in comparison and I find my self having to switch back and forth to achieve the same results. Set height is just the old Plateau tool with a bit more control via the numeric input field.

Fair enough ;)

I am getting really confused with this "Trainz Plus Release Candidate". When are we going to start using TRS19 and TRS22 since both have "TRAINZ PLUS". I am finding that assets in TRS19 Trainz plus build 116210 are older than build 114800 but are back to the right one in TRS22 Trainz Plus build 116271. Look at Driver setup rule <kuid:-25:1485> Packaged with build 4.5 in Trainz Plus build 114800. The same rule in Trainz Plus build 116271 is <kuid:-16:2025> built-in build 3.4. It is a newer build of TRS19 and an older build of the asset. In TRS22 build 116271 this asset <kuid:-16:2025> is obsoleted by <kuid:-25:1485> which is correct.

Height Adjust is something on the list to add.

Meanwhile some options to consider:
1. Set sensitivity to 1% and you can raise or lower with precision
2. Ctrl-Z to Undo if you raise to high to too low (will undo the actions since the last "click")
3. Marquee select and adjust the height by dragging the z axis handle (this is almost identical to the Classic height adjust )

Also experiment with Scrapbook where you can copy paste existing hills of various shapes etc.

Re Trainz Plus naming, once TRS22 and TRS19 SP5 are released, TRS19 will not show as a Trainz Plus version (since it is the latest version).

TRS22 116271 and Trainz Plus 116271 are the same build. Any differences are due to your packages and local content installed. You can check this out by creating a fresh local data folder.

Look at Driver setup rule <kuid:-25:1485> Packaged with build 4.5 in Trainz Plus build 114800. The same rule in Trainz Plus build 116271 is <kuid:-16:2025> built-in build 3.4. It is a newer build of TRS19 and an older build of the asset. In TRS22 build 116271 this asset <kuid:-16:2025> is obsoleted by <kuid:-25:1485> which is correct.

An update for an existing asset does not have to have the same name or <kuid> sequence number as the asset it is replacing. They can be quite different but the usual pattern is to increase the asset build number (not the Trainz build number - confusing?) by one (or a few). The asset build number is the trailing :digit in its kuid but this is only true for kuid2 assets.

Likewise, the minimum build number of an asset (the 4.5 and 3.4 you quoted) does not necessarily have to be higher for an update - it often stays the same but a lower minimum build number would not be impossible. It would depend on what changes have been made to the updated version of the asset.

The config.txt file of an asset contains an obsolete kuid list showing all the kuids of the assets it replaces. This does not take into account the Trainz build numbers of those assets.

Height Adjust is something on the list to add.

Meanwhile some options to consider:
1. Set sensitivity to 1% and you can raise or lower with precision
2. Ctrl-Z to Undo if you raise to high to too low (will undo the actions since the last "click")
3. Marquee select and adjust the height by dragging the z axis handle (this is almost identical to the Classic height adjust )

Also experiment with Scrapbook where you can copy paste existing hills of various shapes etc.

Thanks Tony, Good to know it is on the list to be added. Marquee select and Z axis is close but seems set to jump in preset amounts when moving without a way to adjust the sensitivity. The normal SHIFT or CTRL modifier keys don't seem to have an effect. Given the scale of the grid squares, these jumps are quite large. Also, the movement of the mouse to make a fine adjustment is tiny and difficult to control with a gaming mouse set to an high dpi setting.

I'd like to know when we are seeing a return of the graphics sharpening in Trainz Plus, or at least the ability to choose the level of sharpness in settings. Nothing I've seen since comes close to the graphics in the very first beta.
If it's not to be included, then please tell me how to achieve it with post processing settings.
cheers
Graeme

Hi Tony,

One of my favorite sessions behaves strange. One of the drivers suddenly switches the junction even where he would not have to switch the junction. He stops in front of a signal and refuses to switch the junction back on the mainline, which he should ride on correctly. In addition, the junction that had been switched leads the train to a siding that is occupied by another train.

Can you help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Lokomark

Last edited:
Thanks Tony and Pwar for your replies. I still think this game has become a lot more confusing than it was. I know creating a fresh local data folder could solve problems, but then you would also need to download all the assets, routes and sessions that you had installed before. That could be a lot. In this case I have created a session in build 11480 and saved it to CDP and installed it into build 116210. The asset then shows as unknown. If Auran updates and asset, it should be listed in the "Out of Date" in the content manager, so we can get the latest and not have to go through all this. When you update the game, from 114800 to 116210, you should have all the latest built-in or packaged assets.

Just played TRS19 100240 and right after this TRS22 beta and noticed mouse movement is too coarse, could be a setting I missed
I mean in driver, just driving trains

I still think this game has become a lot more confusing than it was.

More complicated, yes. More confusing, probably but that often comes with increasing complexity. What is really lacking is concise, clear and up-to-date official documentation (and as a former technical writer I know just how difficult that is).

If Auran updates an asset, it should be listed in the "Out of Date" in the content manager, so we can get the latest and not have to go through all this. When you update the game, from 114800 to 116210, you should have all the latest built-in or packaged assets.

Service Pack and Hot Fix updates do not touch the local user data folder, for good reason. There would be a huge outcry from many users if they did. There are always posts from some users after every update claiming that the update has made all their content vanish when in fact it had not.

There is a Trainz Wiki guide to dealing with asset updates, unknown assets and the like at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Understand_Content_Manager_Status_Labels

Back