TRS22 is no longer on my computer

netjam99

I played with TRS22 yesterday, this morning I was going to mess around building a route again but TRS22 is no where to be found on my computer. There is no shortcut on my desk top, no files anywhere in steam and I searched my C and D drives and nothing comes up. Also on the steam library there is no TRS22 listed. Maybe I'm just missing something but has anyone else had this happen. Should I just reinstall? Do not want to make a mistake! Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Oh I did go and check on my Gold membership, I am still in good standing. Thanks!

Hello, I've never used Trainz with Steam but I'm confused why, if you have a Gold subscription, you'd be using Trainz on Steam. Others who know Steam can add more info but I don't think all be benefits of Gold are available on Steam. Download TRS22 from your MyTrainz page and set the update stream to Beta to get the latest beta releases.

TRS22 is not on Steam yet. Tony said that an early access version would be available in January. Of course, that is Brew Crew time. Gold would be a waste of money but Silver would work fine with the Steam version. In Game downloads work exactly the same way in the Steam version as the N3V version.

Last edited:
TRS22 is not on Steam yet. Tony said that an early access version would be available in January. Of course, that is Brew Crew time. Gold would be a waste of money but Silver would work fine with the Steam version. In Game downloads work exactly the same way in the Steam version as the N3V version.

"Gold would be a waste of money."
That's why my confusion. In the orig post he says he checked his Gold account and it's still active. So he clearly has Gold. Why would he be looking for 22 on Steam? Sounds like he has Gold and purchased from Steam too.

I agree and that is what I was trying to say in my sometimes clumsy way. Buying a gold membership gives you TRS19 and Trainz Plus so why buy from Steam. But the reference to checking Steam confused us both. As an Avid user of Steam, I just was trying to verify what you had said. Now interestingly, Steam does on occasions remove a game from the Steam store for several reasons. For example, if it is very old and no longer works on newer versions of operating systems or if the vendor requests that it not be sold any longer. In those cases, the game remains in your account if you had previously purchased it and can be played and re-installed if necessary. But I have never heard of it being uninstalled by the Steam client in the same way Amazon or Apple will remotely remove e-books or music from your account if the vendor requests it be removed from their app store. I was kind of getting the impression from the OP's first post that he believed that had happened.

Likely it's not you, I likely heard clumsily! I was just trying to be clear also, mainly for the OP's benefit. I play several games via Steam but Trainz is not one of them as I opted for "direct from N3V" which lead me to Gold. Thus, I don't have a clue what Trainz offers on Steam as far as updates, etc.

"Gold would be a waste of money."
That's why my confusion. In the orig post he says he checked his Gold account and it's still active. So he clearly has Gold. Why would he be looking for 22 on Steam? Sounds like he has Gold and purchased from Steam too.

Sorry guys...it was my bad. I got confused thinking I had TRS22 on my hard-drive. Then I went to steam because 99% of my games are there and I always check to see what news and updates are going on with my fav games.

Anyway I discovered last night it was still there on my hard-drive, but in the TRS19 Folder! So now I got it double loaded on my C drive and D drive. My apologies for the brain freeze, but atleast all is well and of special importance my quick pick lists are still there. Would hate to find all that stuff again.

One more stupid question if you will allow me that...where do I go to patch to the latest update? I googled and all that ...but no luck finding it so far.

Edit - Nevermind...found the wiki and I have the latest update...thank you guys for the help.

Last edited:
Back