Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116243 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116233 to Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116243 (PC) - Trainz Plus Beta stream​

Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116175 - update to come shortly (Mac)

Ok, we've addressed the unfortunate height, rotation, mouse issues (all related) so this time we think we're ready for release. Please give this build a solid test so that we can [hopefully] release to all Trainz Plus users by week's end.

Changelist:

• Fix Fine Adjustment tool (S20)
  • Fix Marquee tool height and rotation (S20)
  • Fix height and rotation (Classic)
  • Apply Gradient menu option now displays and works correctly (see this link for more info)
  • Applying the Default "-" gradient no longer creates yellow lines to heaven
  • Preview Asset mouse controls now working

Known issues (fixes coming in future updates):

• Mac Big Sur cannot start due to Shader failure
  • Mouse cursor can get stuck in "drag" mode when undocking palettes
  • There is a missing dependency from West from Denver.
  • S20 Scrapbook painting is very slow on large maps.
  • Fine adjustment tool moves arrow on fixed track and not the fixed track.
  • Remove from Picklist doesn't trigger list refresh.
  • Tidewater trackwork requires updating.
  • ECML, Mojave, SnC sessions derail on start or during the sessions.
    This is due to session layer issues where session layer trains have been moved to a different layer or hidden. (This most likely other DLC from that era.)
    This issue also possibly explains reports of missing session layer trains by some users.
    NOTE: The fix for this is wide reaching and therefore is being held back after this Trainz Plus official release.
    We will release a new Trainz Plus beta so that this can undergo broader testing.

Reporting any issues:
If you have had a problem in the past and it still occurs, or if you find a new issue, please submit a detailed Trainz Bug Repor

TY Tony, but the frozen windows are back.....
minimap trainzchat, cant be moved
S2 non of the windows can be resized, undocked

.. thankz for the update .. went quick and smooth (dbr 120 secs) ..

- confirming frozen windows
- escape button is exiting in classic surveyor and not exiting in surveyor 2.0 ..
- some sessions has missings, but i expect there will be updates ..
- session 3dzug broadway ltd <kuid2:212731:501093:4> gives the kickstarter county 2 as "not installed, payware (not active)", although the filter routes indicates "built-in, payware" .. i expect there will be updates too ..
- merging :

• merging 1-ground maps (layouts/routes) : 2 built-in and 2 modified = ok
  • merging multi-ground map with 1-ground map : 1 packaged (niddertalbahn <kuid2:661281:200001:5>) + 1 built-in (content samples #1 <kuid2:661281:200019:8>) = ok
  • merging 1-ground map with multi-ground map : 2 packaged (mine railway <kuid:218873:100010> + niddertalbahn <kuid2:661281:200001:5>) = crash to desktop in 5 secs ..
  • merging 1-ground map with multi-ground map : 1 built-in (content samples #1 <kuid2:661281:200019:8>) + 1 packaged (cilie oldphartz sg logging rr <kuid2:69871:3562:1>) = didn't succeed ..
  • merging multi ground maps : 2 cloned (appen + bea dawe) = didn't succeed, because still payware and so not allowed ..
  • merging multi ground maps : 2 packaged (niddertalbahn <kuid2:661281:200001:5> + coal country <kuid2:92924:100080:16>) = didn't succeed ..
  • merging multi ground maps : 2 installed from dls (jenn erik rr <kuid2:69871:3625:1> + phootnote <kuid2:69871:3503:3>) = didn't succeed ..
note :
- each merge was preceded by the necessary steps ..
- after every not-succeeded-merge i interrupted after 1 hour with taskmanager (win10) ..
- after every test i did a database repair (= 120 sec) .. and a restart ,,
- in another thread it was suggested that the maps i used were corrupted : so, for this use i downloaded fresh and intact (= no missings / faulties) with content manager the 2 previously mentioned maps by philskene ..

Last edited:
Confirmed:

Moveable windows in Surveyor 1.0 and Surveyor 2.0 are still frozen.

I'm not sure if it's related to the stuck pallets.

When a pallet is closed, it remains checked in the window-list as enabled. Clicking on the checked but closed pallet in the list, restores the pallet to its location.

Confirmed merging is broken for large routes.

I was able to quickly merge small routes together without too much of an issue, but when merging two large routes, I ended up killing the process after 90 minutes of hashing about doing nothing.

I checked Task Manager and it showed memory was used but inactive, disk use is inactive, and CPU sitting there at 7%

I killed the task and ran a DBR.

"... able to quickly merge small routes ..."
.. my 4th merging in #7 : content samples #1 + cilie oldphartz = 1 ground + 2 grounds ..
so, i think the issue is (at me) : when the to-merge-plan is multi-grounds, it's not able to merge ..

Confirmed merging is broken for large routes.

I was able to quickly merge small routes together without too much of an issue, but when merging two large routes, I ended up killing the process after 90 minutes of hashing about doing nothing.

I checked Task Manager and it showed memory was used but inactive, disk use is inactive, and CPU sitting there at 7%

I killed the task and ran a DBR.

Yeah, I've been having the same problem with merging since at least the first 22 beta.

Thanks for the info on merging - we have a reliable repro. (There's more to it than just multi-boards).

Cannot get any run time monitors to show in sessions (even after attempting multiple extended DBR's).

The inability to move/resize windows has also returned in this build.

Thanks,
Paul

Back