Thoughts on TRS22 Beta + Bugs

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

Decided to share a quick piece of my experience with the TRS22 beta. I'm currently using it as my main version of Trainz, and... for the most part, it really doesn't feel like a beta. Except for two small issues I have with it.

Performance
Performance of TRS22 is great. Everything runs smoothly, all of the assets look very nice, and the overall feel of everything is great. The TRS19 UI that was carried over is honestly not as much of a transition from the original as I thought - very nice and simple. Even on medium-ish settings, the game still runs smoothly on my computer - which just makes me wonder how well it could run on high settings.

Built-In Content
From the built-in routes I've tested, they all seem to be of very high quality. The routes are detailed, the sessions are good, and just doing a quick, free drive of the routes shows that they are really good. Thank you to everyone who has created all of the TRS22 built-in content.

Backwards Compatibility
Everything seems to work just fine in-game. I'm glad to know that all of my TANE DLC (plus my TRS19 Platinum Package, from the 2 seconds I used it) is available to install - and, with so much more storage on my new computer, I have it, alongside a bunch of British DLS content, installed without a problem.

In general - the game's great, and I'm excited for the full release. However, there are two bugs I've experienced:

Camera Bug
If I were to move the camera, zoom in/out, then move the camera again, the zoom will go back to its previous settings. I have to zoom in/out and move the camera about 2 times to get to the camera zoom I want. However, what can be very annoying is when I need the map view in Surveyor - when I zoom out to the map and then move the compass, it zooms back it, and then when I don't need the map view at all and then move the cursor, it goes out to map - and goes even farther if I try to go back to a regular zoom. It is very annoying, and I hope it can be fixed soon.

Coupling Issue
Very simple - in all of the pieces of TANE DLC I have, the locomotive you would drive in a session takes a long time to load into the session, and is not coupled up to its train. I cannot recouple it to the train, and if I try to move forward and back it down on the train, it crashes. This is not as big of an issue as the camera bug, but I'd still like it to be fixed.

If it's related to hardware, here's my specs:

Computer - Apple MacBook Pro 16"
Operating System - macOS Monterey 12.1
Trainz Build - 115635 (TRS22 Mac Beta)
CPU - Apple M1 Pro (10 Core CPU)
RAM - 16GB Unified Memory
GPU - Apple G13X (16 Core GPU)
Storage System - 1 TB Apple SSD

Overall, TRS22 is absolutely great, and I cannot wait for the official release. However, the two bugs I've noted are a bit annoying, and I hope they can be fixed soon.

Thank you for reading. Here's to another 20 years of Trainzing!!

Back