Edited a config, nothing happend

SandyEggo

So I'm trying to update a route I downloaded with newer versions of certain assets by editing the config text.
I update one particular asset (a postbox) and submit edit. When I open the route in TRS19, everything seems fine (not counting all the payware assets) EXCEPT...
the post box is still missing.

*pic of the asset in question

Missing-postbox.jpg

I have no idea if I did anything wrong or if it's the game. If anyone has solutions or suggestions on how to fix this I'm all ears

hi Sandy
Just changing the config of a route or session is not enough
the actual link to the kuids/assets is stored in other files
what you can do if you know the kuid number, make a temp object give it that kuid
then do bulk asset replace
hope this helps
greetings GM

what you can do if you know the kuid number, make a temp object give it that kuid

Alright
well, I know the kuid number, there's that; but I 'm not sure how making a temp object works
I was thinking of writing a diff asset into the config text but you did say just changing it wouldn't be enough

Just changing the config of a route or session is not enough

In fact changing the kuid list in the config.txt file does nothing at all. That list is compiled each time the route/session is loaded using the actual asset kuids stored, as G.M. stated, in other files. It purpose is, amongst other things, to provide a quick way for Content Manager to construct its list of dependencies. Leaving it alone is the best move.

Edit the config will not alter the route or asset, it won't get replaced doing it that way. You know the kuid but we don't.

If that is the only object, and there is only one, you can just physically place a substitute object in its place, and then delete missing assets. Before you delete missing assets though, you want to make sure you have physically replaced all orange boxes that are on the route, unless there are some you are fine with just not replacing.

Back