Mojave Sub Division: Trains don't run in Cab Mode

ClintClassic

Known for Nothin' but Gab
In all sessions of the JR route: "Mojave Sub Division" trains don't respond to throttle in "Cab Mode". Trains remain static unless you switch over to DCC Mode :confused:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core,
NVIDIA 10GB GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB RAM,
Two 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD's (1 Trainz dedicated),

Win10

I am usung build 115628 and the sessions can be run in cab mode but the very long standing problem of the brakes being locked on at an excessivly high pressure when the session starts is present. I have reported back in the day but it has never been fixed. The work around is simple, when you start the session in cab mode press the "d" key a few times until the brake cylinder pressure stays at 0 (zero). You can then set the train brake ready to start the session in the correct way.
It is frustrating I know and it is not just limited to the Mojave sessions or the JR locomotives I have had it occur on a variety of sessions on other routes, even some I have created myself. It is possible it is associated with the particular engine spec's used by the locomotive creators but I have never delved into that black art so I just use the "d" key to bail the brakes and then get to enjoying the session.

AHHH!!! :mop:Hitting that "d" key a couple of times did the trick! Good to know in the future for those "sessions on other routes" ;) Yes. Very frustrating! The "Mojave" always seems to have problems w/ it from time to time; such as the "derailment" issue a few months back. Thanks so much Bob! It's a small problem N3V should be able to fix one day soon -I'd like to think :eek:

AHHH!!! :mop:Hitting that "d" key a couple of times did the trick! Good to know in the future for those "sessions on other routes" ;) Yes. Very frustrating! The "Mojave" always seems to have problems w/ it from time to time; such as the "derailment" issue a few months back. Thanks so much Bob! It's a small problem N3V should be able to fix one day soon -I'd like to think :eek:

I agree! There were a several sessions in TRS19 that I could not get the loco to work in cab mode until someone here told me about the "d" key. Strangely, I never found listed anywhere in the manual as a "dump air" or whatever exactly it does. It was a minor miracle to discover it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :sleep: ... OH! Did someone say something? Sorry, guess I've been doin' a regular Rip Van Winkle awaiting [in good faith] N3V to fix the aforementioned "small problem" and original subject of this here' thread.

Well, DennR guess you were right. (Wishful thinking on my part.) I'd suppose we're expected to hit that pernickety "D" key ["D" for darn] for "Mojave" and other such routes, for the rest of forever... and a day! :confused:

I agree! There were a several sessions in TRS19 that I could not get the loco to work in cab mode until someone here told me about the "d" key. Strangely, I never found listed anywhere in the manual as a "dump air" or whatever exactly it does. It was a minor miracle to discover it.

Yes. It would seem N3V expects us to either remember [and retain -mind you! ] all them' hot keys and the like; or you'll find yourself compelled to rummage through the entire forum/Google just to run/play some of our "dandy" purchases!

Imagine some newbie kid who so wanted his parents to buy a particular Trainz platform w/ a couple of DLC's to boot; only to find his or herself perplexed as to how to get the program to do many of the things he/she expected to do/see in the first place! :'( (No nifty manual to click on within the menu after the TANE incarnation! ... I can picture someone posting "But Clint, it's on the internet." Really? Does the kid know this! ) What is poor Bobby or Sally to do than to wait for mommy or daddy to come home -from hard days' work- and help him/her figure out that... THAT THING' -tee hee! :hehe:

Uh, anyway... one last plea I make with thee, N3V. Could you please "Make Clint's day" and fix the brake cylinder issue within the "Mojave" as well as those other sessions affected on certain routes; before my horse [and this post] rides off into the sunset ;)

Well at least the D key works but the faulty ground textures on the tunnel at the down hill end of the loop and the crossing barriers that don't work that have been present since the start of TANE spoil the Mojave route and N3V still think it is OK to make people pay for it despite the fact that they can't or won't fix the bug as they like to call their faults.

My horse is lame and I is an old cynic but we can only hope that N3V is on the ball.

ClintClassic, what build are you using? I thought they had fixed that in TRS19 SP4, but I will have to go back and try it. I noticed it in the "Realistic Controls" Tutorial, but I thought I tried it after SP4 and it worked. But then I seemed to run into something similar in the "Dynamic Braking" tutorial, and I could not get the brakes off even with the "D" key. I could get it moving, but could not get any speed up, even going downhill with a loaded train. Finally it froze up on the first big curve and would go no further. I will go back and try those again, but it seemed to be an issue with those grey and red Southern Pacific Locos.
EDIT, but then, this is the TRS22 forum, so I am guessing it is not working in 22? Also, I am thinking that N3V are working so hard to get "New and Better" stuff out to sell, they don't have the staff or time to fix the inevitable problems such a strategy causes.

Last edited:
Told John all about you he almost fell over. No one him and the workers do not laugh any of us. I would like to see you over the shop and make them laugh.

RJ Artim - November 19, 2023 - My birthday. 68 years old.

Last edited:
Hi,

The default settings in 'control setting' for the Brake Bail are exactly that primary D key and secondary keypad 0. but a driver needs to understand brake set up to know that you can 'bail' the train brakes.
2022-04-23%20133234.jpg

I have a question related to the route itself. Lately, it takes it 20 to 30 minutes to load when it used to only take a minute to load at most. When it finally loads, I get a message at the top of the screen that says: "COMPILING SCRIPTS". Its also laggy and if I'm running a steam locomotive, no smoke or steam will emit from the engine. Other things, like the menu options will only show words with no pictures or graphic boxes around them like they would normally. This happens to the built in sessions and the ones I created. I've done several database rebuilds and even deleted my created sessions and the route still has the same problem. What should I do? I'm running it in TANE SP3.

I have a question related to the route itself. Lately, it takes it 20 to 30 minutes to load when it used to only take a minute to load at most. When it finally loads, I get a message at the top of the screen that says: "COMPILING SCRIPTS". Its also laggy and if I'm running a steam locomotive, no smoke or steam will emit from the engine. Other things, like the menu options will only show words with no pictures or graphic boxes around them like they would normally. This happens to the built in sessions and the ones I created. I've done several database rebuilds and even deleted my created sessions and the route still has the same problem. What should I do? I'm running it in TANE SP3.

Let the program finish doing what it's doing. It's caching and compiling the scripts after an update, or after a database repair if you've done that.

To decrease the precaching you can do that manually so the message doesn't appear.

At the Launcher, click on Trainz settings then click on Dev tab.
Click on Enable advanced debug tools.

Close the settings panel since you no longer need it.

Now, click on Run Trainzutil command...

A white box will open up.

In there, type prebuild

It'll run for a while and quite a while if you have a lot of content.

On another note, if you are using a regular hard disk, I highly recommend defragmenting the drive. This really helps a lot.

Back