Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: www.trainzkuidindex.com

United States of America, Beaver Pennsylvania

Default www.trainzkuidindex.com

I got an email this morning for www.trainzkuidindex.com. Is this a legit thing? I get sooo much spam I am not sure what is OK and what isn't. It is labeled as version 2. If it is real, then is a great thing to have.
    TRS22+ 117540
    i7 6700K @ 4.0 ghrtz, nVidia 970
    I don't have a PhD, I have a DD214 - Freedom carries sacrifice

In my browser, that link has way too much code behind it, I would not dare click on it, it could be a redirect.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Yes, it is for real. I checked the website. There's an issue with the themes. Changing to a different theme than the default Steam in the fields will bring the buttons into view, otherwise they're missing.

There's a link to go between version 1 and version 2.
    Last edited by JCitron; January 22nd, 2022 at 10:29 AM.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

United States of America, Beaver Pennsylvania

I don't think I will purchase it. $19.95 a year is a bit too much for as little I will use it. I thought it was a file to install on my end. I haven't used it for a while in version 1 and forgot what it was.
    TRS22+ 117540
    i7 6700K @ 4.0 ghrtz, nVidia 970
    I don't have a PhD, I have a DD214 - Freedom carries sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Yes, it is for real. I checked the website. There's an issue with the themes. Changing to a different theme than the default Steam in the fields will bring the buttons into view, otherwise they're missing.

There's a link to go between version 1 and version 2.
    That issue is corrected now, and KUID index is a masterpiece, it helped me many times when I had missing KUID's in a route.

Ron

I didn't think it was working but it was.... the login fields are off screen way down at bottom of the page. (And on a 27" desktop monitor.)

kuid extractor seems like it will be useful.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by RW912 View Post
    That issue is corrected now, and KUID index is a masterpiece, it helped me many times when I had missing KUID's in a route.

Ron
    Thanks for the update on that. This is indeed a masterpiece and an addictive one too as we look for one or two assets to fix something only to find more content that's worth bookmarking for later downloading.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

It's one of the few sites I'm willing to throw some money at. It's saved me more in aggravation then what it cost me.
    Last edited by BummerDude; January 24th, 2022 at 02:01 AM.

Have you guys heard of https://trainzland.ru/? I'm normally worried about .ru sites, but this too seems legit, and I have obtained many kuid's from there. And it doesn't cost anything.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Toolman12345 View Post
    Have you guys heard of https://trainzland.ru/? I'm normally worried about .ru sites, but this too ​seems legit, and I have obtained many kuid's from there. And it doesn't cost anything.
    Tim
    The problem with Trainzland is that it's illegal, hosting CDP's from many Trainz fan sites including the Download Station, without permission from the original author, unlike TrainzKuidIndex.

I would sometimes use TrainzLand(dot)ru for kuid hunting, but found several PAYWARE assets from JR, TrainzForge and more! I think JR and TF need to DMCA the site or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTrider View Post
    I would sometimes use TrainzLand(dot)ru for kuid hunting, but found several PAYWARE assets from JR, TrainzForge and more! I think JR and TF need to DMCA the site or something.
    I found some payware ES44AC heritage units on that site, but I didn't download them because I had already bought them from Jointed Rail.

Quote Originally Posted by d_doll01 View Post
    The problem with Trainzland is that it's illegal, hosting CDP's from many Trainz fan sites including the Download Station, without permission from the original author, unlike TrainzKuidIndex.
    I did not know that! But, if they had been on the Download Station, I would never have been searching around the internet for them, lol. I'm just constantly amazed at all the missing kuid's in Routes that people are kind enough to share. It's a continual, never ending search for kuid's.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolman12345 View Post
    I did not know that! But, if they had been on the Download Station, I would never have been searching around the internet for them, lol. I'm just constantly amazed at all the missing kuid's in Routes that people are kind enough to share. It's a continual, never ending search for kuid's.
    You can try Trainzland if a certain kuid isn't on Trainzkuidindex, but that doesn't change the fact that trainzland is illegal.

Did anyone use the new " Assets Extractor " feature of trainzkuidindex ? Is it worth ?