What's new? I think missed a lot.

GaryP

Hey all. I hope everyone is doing great. I took a sabbatical to get back to real life. I was one of the original beta testers for Trainz back in the day. lol
My last Trainz purchase was Trainz: A new Era. What's going on new? What have I missed? I see there's a new version out with a new Surveyor. Is it worth a buy?

Thanks for any and all info...

~G

Buy an annual Plus or Gold membership before 1st February and you can keep TRS22 forever. You can also check out the new surveyor in 22 as well as TRS19. At the end of the annual membership, if you don't want to continue it, you would lose the new surveyor and TRS19 but still, keep the basic version of TRS22. Annual membership can cost less than the purchase price of TRS22.

"Subscriptions" were introduced. Core apps TRS19 and '22 now have features built in and the features you have in game depend on subscription, not build number. Plus, Gold, Silver are the "subscriptions." Silver gives you access to all payware (DLC), Plus gives you access to latest "features" and beta releases. Gold gives you both. '19 and '22 also have built in Content Store. Check out UDS. Good for those who build routes. Confusing to those who Drive and possibly confusing to those who make sessions as a "saved game" is now a "session."
https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_the_UDS_Interface

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I saw the subscriptions. They are not for me at all.
I abandoned all Adobe products because of their subscriptions. It's a company's way of milking money out of the poor users to pay for their development.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of them at all.
If T2022 is a subscription then I purchased my last product from them.

There is also a standalone TRS22 which does not require a subscription, although it won't include the new surveyor at launch. That will most likely be included in a future platinum edition, much like unified driver/surveyor was with TRS19. TRS19 is also available at a discount, without a subscription.

There is also a standalone TRS22 which does not require a subscription, although it won't include the new surveyor at launch. That will most likely be included in a future platinum edition, much like unified driver/surveyor was with TRS19. TRS19 is also available at a discount, without a subscription.

That's good to know. Then I'll wait until they add it into the base price. Most of the reason to upgrade is the new Surveyor. :)

Oh boy, this is my first time writing on the forum page. Textures, lighting, designs, they've all changed and gotten way better. Presently I use TS12 but hoping one day I get TS19. Incredible to see how much this game has gone from such a basic setup to becoming more and more highly designed.

But to say pre T:ANE was not good, is an understatement. I'll always love me TS2006 and TS12 :)

GaryP - I remember you and welcome back. My 2 cents, since TS19 is now very reasonable why not give it a try. I agree with you about the subscriptions so that's why I'm staying with TS19.

I'm just coming back myself. Lots to relearn or learn for the first time. (and lots to fix, apparently)
Also sticking with 19 until the dust settles. Subscriptions rub me the wrong way.

GaryP - I remember you and welcome back. My 2 cents, since TS19 is now very reasonable why not give it a try. I agree with you about the subscriptions so that's why I'm staying with TS19.

I agree.
I refuse to pay a subscription to any company for any software.

So isn't TS19 the same as what's on Steam with different content?

Same content but on Steam the updates are automatic and all DLC you buy on Steam well not work on normal Trainz from N3v, DLC you buy on N3v well work on ether.

Back