Tunnel portals

Nightowl4903

In the Utube vid on tunnel building they showed a double track tunnel with track that does not need a dig hole to use. Can someone please tell me where I can find it for download? I have looked in the download center and the Manage Content in my Trainz program and I can't find it anywhere. The dig hole tool is driving me insane and I would really like to add a tunnel to a new route That I'm starting. Thanx Guys.

Yeah, those blinking dig hole things!

Unfortunately, you need them for your tunnel to pass through the terrain unless you want to place a dark patch inside a portal to make it appear there's a tunnel there.

The alternative is hand built also requires a dig-hole asset is constructed manually.

You download a spline-based tunnel. These are actual splines and not tracks and nothing more than a tunnel with or without a portal end.

You drag this through your "mountain".

You then use the dig-hole asset by Andi06 or James73 where you want the tunnel and track to punch through the terrain.

You may end up with a large hole and you'll have to cover that up using grass-colored splines, retaining walls, and rocks.

It is sometimes possible manipulate the grid around a dighole to reduce its size so that only a minimal cover effort is required. I was able to do this recently with a tunnel I installed using the Westwood kit of parts by Magandy on the DLS, but it can involve a certain amount of persistence to bully the dighole into behaving itself.

In the Utube vid on tunnel building they showed a double track tunnel with track that does not need a dig hole to use. Can someone please tell me where I can find it for download? I have looked in the download center and the Manage Content in my Trainz program and I can't find it anywhere. The dig hole tool is driving me insane and I would really like to add a tunnel to a new route That I'm starting. Thanx Guys.

Can you post the video so that we can see it?

Just do a search for tunnel in the track laying tab. These tunnels have a built-in dighole which the tunnel entrance normally covers.

Just do a search for tunnel in the track laying tab. These tunnels have a built-in dighole which the tunnel entrance normally covers.

Yes.....there are quite a few. Your Trainz probably came with Euro Tunnel one and two track. I have never used a dig hole. The download station has quite a few on it.

Back