Trainz Plus RC 116199 > 116233 Now Available

Known issues (fixes coming in future updates):

• Certain Fine Adjustment movements cannot be done with the mouse (can be done using the Info tool)

I think (dangerous I know) that the issue Paul and John (maybe others) raised is mentioned in Tony's post. I too see that I need to adjust in the Info tool rather than with the mouse. I am sure that this is one of the things they are working on. I too wish to thank Tony and crew for all the fine work they have been putting into making this a great product.

[/LIST]

I think (dangerous I know) that the issue Paul and John (maybe others) raised is mentioned in Tony's post. I too see that I need to adjust in the Info tool rather than with the mouse. I am sure that this is one of the things they are working on. I too wish to thank Tony and crew for all the fine work they have been putting into making this a great product.

I have no idea what the info tool is, where to find it, and how to use it to rotate an object.

I do see a place where I can designate the rotation degree for an object, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the selected object.

Build 116233 has no asset rotation ability in the original Surveyor and like Paul, I have no idea how to use the info tool in 2.0 to rotate objects. Guess I'm limited to laying splines only this weekend.

1. Select the object
2. Expand the "Rot" section of the Info Palette (if it isn't showing, then Windows Menu > tick the Info Palette option
3. Enter a value between 0 and 360 to rotate the item
4. Or, L-click and hold your mouse over the y axis and drag your mouse up and down for fine adjustment

Or switch to Classic of course.

1. Select the object
2. Expand the "Rot" section of the Info Palette (if it isn't showing, then Windows Menu > tick the Info Palette option
3. Enter a value between 0 and 360 to rotate the item
4. Or, L-click and hold your mouse over the y axis and drag your mouse up and down for fine adjustment

Or switch to Classic of course.

I must be getting too old for this stuff. I selected the object. I have no idea where the rot section of the info palette is. But I did find a place to enter the rotation degrees. I entered a number but nothing happened.

Also, as noted before the rotation function of surveyor classic is not working either.

I must be getting too old for this stuff. I selected the object. I have no idea where the rot section of the info palette is. But I did find a place to enter the rotation degrees. I entered a number but nothing happened.

Also, as noted before the rotation function of surveyor classic is not working either.

Paul, it took me a few minutes to find it as well.

Under the Info Panel, is Focus which gives a selected asset and x, y, z position. You can select the listed asset in that window and add to a pick-list, get details, or show in Content Manager.

Under that is the x, y, z positions again with a caret symbol next to that.

Below that is Rot: x, y, z position

With your asset selected:
Click on the caret next to Rot:
Edit the Y position to rotate the object.

I've been doing this all over and it works great and much easier to control.

You can also adjust the height in this panel incrementally, and what's even better is you can apply this to multiple objects. When rotating multiple, it rotates the objects as a group.

Yeah, I was wondering why it is not working. I have submitted a bug report already. It would be great if we can have a quick fix at the start of the next week, so we can enjoy working on maps until the next updates. Thank you!

Paul, it took me a few minutes to find it as well.

Under the Info Panel, is Focus which gives a selected asset and x, y, z position. You can select the listed asset in that window and add to a pick-list, get details, or show in Content Manager.

Under that is the x, y, z positions again with a caret symbol next to that.

Below that is Rot: x, y, z position

With your asset selected:
Click on the caret next to Rot:
Edit the Y position to rotate the object.

I've been doing this all over and it works great and much easier to control.

You can also adjust the height in this panel incrementally, and what's even better is you can apply this to multiple objects. When rotating multiple, it rotates the objects as a group.

thanks, I’ll try it when I’m back at my computer this afternoon.

Still trying to figure this out in classic still? I do not like this at all. I understand you can be more precise to much of a pain to mess with though. I still feel you should have the option to pick how you want to rotate and if you want to dial a number that's fine.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure this out in classic still? I do not like this at all. I understand you can be more precise to much of a pain to mess with though. I still feel you should have the option to pick how you want to rotate and if you want to dial a number that's fine.

The dial works by moving your mouse up and down when selecting the Z axis. Rotation works the same by selecting the Y axis. Tilting the same for the X axis.

The free-rotation tool is currently broken, and this is a workaround for that situation, however, it's still great to have for those precise placement situations we all come across when route building or placing objects on a loading dock.

The dial works by moving your mouse up and down when selecting the Z axis. Rotation works the same by selecting the Y axis. Tilting the same for the X axis.

The free-rotation tool is currently broken, and this is a workaround for that situation, however, it's still great to have for those precise placement situations we all come across when route building or placing objects on a loading dock.

I figured it out in 2.0 but not seeing how in Classic? And before this update i figured how to do it in 2.0 but now it is not even working there i can manually put the numbers in and make it rotate but not with the mouse now.

Last edited:
The range green dot on track marks etc has stopped working since 116233 has any found a work round ... I can't see anything in the info panel ???

Last edited:
I figured it out in 2.0 but not seeing how in Classic? And before this update i figured how to do it in 2.0 but now it is not even working there i can manually put the numbers in and make it rotate but not with the mouse now.

Yeah, it's definitely broken in Classic and there's no way around it in that. It'll be fixed in the next update we were told.

The range green dot on track marks etc has stopped working since 116233 has any found a work round ... I can't see anything in the info panel ???

To display your info panel, ensure you have it opened. To open it, click on the windows (square icon on the right on the top menu bar in Surveyor). Click on Info bar. If it's checked, click it again and then again to disable/enable and it should appear.

To display your info panel, ensure you have it opened. To open it, click on the windows (square icon on the right on the top menu bar in Surveyor). Click on Info bar. If it's checked, click it again and then again to disable/enable and it should appear.

I can see the panel but can#t see anything to change the range of a track mark from 20M as the green dot has stopped working

I can see the panel but can#t see anything to change the range of a track mark from 20M as the green dot has stopped working

The green dot. You mean the round glove with arrows?

Yes, that has stopped moving. In the info panel are small arrows. Click those open next to Rot: to rotate the asset on the different axis.

Back