problem G.E.R Steam Tram: driver&fireman donot move to other side at direction change

sgora

SOLVED: G.E.R Steam Tram: driver&fireman donot move to other side at direction change

In all 18 years working on my layout in Trainz, I was able to find solutions for problems, often here on the forum.
But now i'm stuck.... :(

I use the G.E.R Steam Tram (<kuid2:141830:20:3>) made by MichaelWhiteley.
(the last time he was on the forum was in march 2012, so I guess he is not active anymore)

I remember that in earlier versions of Trainz the driver and the fireman move to the other side when the tram changes of direction.
So they always were in the front.

I have forgotten when they stopped moving, but since a long time they stay on there place.
I now use Trainz 2019 - build 114800.

When i click on the ? of the asset and use the debug options there, I can see the driver and fireman on both sides of the tram.
But: when driving in a session, as said: they stay on there place.
So I now use "reverse tram", but thats not an elegant solution.

Is here anybody who could tell me what the problem is and how I possibly can solve it?

Last edited:
It's do with Superscript, and how that is declared in the asset becoming out of date. Whoever upgraded the asset to Trainz-build 3.7 should have sorted that out, but didn't.

You need to delete the existing script entries:

Code:
script                                  "superstub"
class                                   "superstub"

and replace with:

Code:
script-include-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:122285:508>
}
script                                  "lstub"
class                                   "LStub"

and then delete the 'superstub.gs' file from the asset directory of the Steam Tram, and copy in 'lstub.gs' from one of Andi06's assets, such as the Austerity 2-8-0. Commit everything back to CM.

Back