Merge Route

nthoresen1

Hi. I have installed TRS22 and I find it great. I want to continue using the Merge Route function, but it doesn't work properly. I cannot adjust the position of the added route, as this is not visible. The Merge window only displays the current route. Is this the new normal?
Cheers

Merge works just fine for me

Hi. I have installed TRS22 and I find it great. I want to continue using the Merge Route function, but it doesn't work properly. I cannot adjust the position of the added route, as this is not visible. The Merge window only displays the current route. Is this the new normal?
Cheers

I have used the merge function without issue in TRS22 many times already. My only suggestion is that your to be merged route is outside the current viewpoint. Try moving back a bit until you see the red version of your merge. Apart from that I am not sure what else could be the issue, hope this helps.

Colin Rayner

I have not yet tried to merge routes in TRS22 but from experiences in merging in TRS19 and Trainz Plus it may not actually be a problem at all. It does depend on the size (number of baseboards) of the route or routes you are trying to merge.

When merging large routes (large number of baseboards) the "problem" is actually caused by the display area in the merge map and the zoom function. The merged route (and sometimes neither route) will not always be in the centre of the display area at the current zoom level so it may not be visible.

For example. This is what I see when I select 2 large routes to be merged.

Merge-Step1.png

The !symbol on the terrain icon (top left) indicates that the merge has occurred with an overlap.

First step: Zoom out (mouse scroll wheel) as far as possible.

Merge-Step2.png

Second Step: The two routes are now visible. Use the right mouse button to click on the merge overlap zone (the red coloured baseboards) to centre it in the display.

Merge-Step3.png

Third Step: Use the zoom function to zoom in.

The top button in the merge window is disabled

I have used the merge function without issue in TRS22 many times already. My only suggestion is that your to be merged route is outside the current viewpoint. Try moving back a bit until you see the red version of your merge. Apart from that I am not sure what else could be the issue, hope this helps.

Colin Rayner

Thanks Colin
The top button in the merge window is disabled
I think I will just uninstall everything and reinstall just 2022. Maybe that will fix it

I have not yet tried to merge routes in TRS22 but from experiences in merging in TRS19 and Trainz Plus it may not actually be a problem at all. It does depend on the size (number of baseboards) of the route or routes you are trying to merge.

When merging large routes (large number of baseboards) the "problem" is actually caused by the display area in the merge map and the zoom function. The merged route (and sometimes neither route) will not always be in the centre of the display area at the current zoom level so it may not be visible.

For example. This is what I see when I select 2 large routes to be merged.

Merge-Step1.png

The !symbol on the terrain icon (top left) indicates that the merge has occurred with an overlap.

First step: Zoom out (mouse scroll wheel) as far as possible.

Merge-Step2.png

Second Step: The two routes are now visible. Use the right mouse button to click on the merge overlap zone (the red coloured baseboards) to centre it in the display.

Merge-Step3.png

Third Step: Use the zoom function to zoom in.

Hi. Thanks for your advice. Tried all these things. The top button in the merge windows is disabled. I'm just merging two new routes that I made. Just a single square each. Nothing flash.

Back