Installing DLC's

caroper

I wanted to purchase TMR2017 but realized it had been superseded by T:ANE and TS2019.
Unsure what to purchase I decided to just buy the latest version as, in my previous experience, Trainz was always backwards compatible and the old content would run.
As a result I purchased the TS2019 Platinum edition and I then purchased the "TMR2017 DLC Bundle (for TANE Owners)".

It correctly installed in TS2019, however, it has many comparability issues and several sessions will not run.

I then, rather than cut my losses, decided to throw good money after bad and, t
hinking that it would resolve many of my compatibility issues and frustrations I have with TS2019, I purchased T:ANE (TMR2017 was not listed as available anymore).

Now that I have it installed and running, "TMR2017 DLC Bundle (for TANE Owners)" is not showing up as available to install in TANE, the individual sessions are , however, available for purchase despite that fact that I have already purchased them.

If necessary I will uninstall it from TS2019, I tried but I can find no way to do that, neither can I find a way to download and offline Install the DLC's.

So, how do I install the TAIN DLC Bundle back into it's stated Target app, T:ANE, that I have had to purchase for it retrospectively?

Cheers,
Chris

p.s.
I subsequently discovered that I can use TS2019 Content Store to Uninstall individual Routes but there is no indication of what is associated with which DLC.
I have uninstalled the Routes from TS2019 that I wish to use in T:ANE and have run an extend database repair in both packages but am still unable to install the routes in T:ANE.
Non of them show up in my downloads list whilst, paradoxically, bundled TS2019 Platinum content is showing as available for install in T:ANE.

Last edited:
Use the Helpdesk link above and they can fix your issue.
Thanks,

I did try but got lost jumping through all the hoops and didn't find a category to put it under.
It is almost as if Help Desk no longer exists and the maze just makes you back out to try to solve it yourself.

Will try again though as I am at my wits end trying to solve it.

Cheers
Chris

With TRS19 you may need to download the Tane packages from the content store. Tane built-in content will not transfer to TRS19 due to texture issues, the two downloads in the store will install those textures correctly. TMR2017 is not a DLC package available through the content store on the launch screen. Go to your MyTrainz digital downloads page where you should find the TMR2017 download.

There is a way to trigger the download in TANE, read this wiki page, hope this helps;

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading

By looking at your forum timeline, you have a lot to catch up on. Keep asking questions here, best place to get answers

Thanks,
I had already read that and triggered the downloads but was expecting it to show up by Name.
Looking further down that Wiki page I found an expandable section:

Trainz Model Railroad
+ Click to show/hide list

simc:45359 - The Shortz & Kerlz Traction Railroad
simc:45369 - Japan - Model Trainz
simc:45370 - Franklin Avenue Industrial
simc:45373 - Appen
simc:45374 - Port Zyd Fulazturn Railroad
simc:45381 - Brazemore Yard
simc:45406 - Bea-Dawe Model Railway

Going back into the TANE download screen I noticed that there were 5 parts marked simc:45370
I downloaded them individually then started TANE and joy of joys the route was installed and all sessions available.

I will take it for a spin then try the rest.
thanks again

Chris

If I am understanding the OP correctly, he is referring to the Route and Sessions pack that was the difference between TANE Standard and TANE Deluxe. These routes were part of TMR17 and included in TANE Deluxe but were a separate purchase for owners of TANE Standard. It appears that the issue is that his TANE Standard is not seeing the downloads as available. They should show up in the in game downloader that first appears when starting TANE. If they are not then it seems like a permission problem that only the Helpdesk can fix.

William

Edit: Glad to see you got it straightened out.

Last edited:
With TRS19 you may need to download the Tane packages from the content store. Tane built-in content will not transfer to TRS19 due to texture issues, the two downloads in the store will install those textures correctly. TMR2017 is not a DLC package available through the content store on the launch screen. Go to your MyTrainz digital downloads page where you should find the TMR2017 download.

Thanks stagecoach,

My problem was the opposite. I had them in TS2019 but "Approach Medium" had pointed out that the sessions were never converted to TS2019, so I was trying to get them back into TANE.
Thanks to the post above yours it looks like I am on the road to success in that regard.

Cheers
Chris

If I am understanding the OP correctly, he is referring to the Route and Sessions pack that was the difference between TANE Standard and TANE Deluxe. These routes were part of TMR17 and included in TANE Deluxe but were a separate purchase for owners of TANE Standard. It appears that the issue is that his TANE Standard is not seeing the downloads as available. They should show up in the in game downloader that first appears when starting TANE. If they are not then it seems like a permission problem that only the Helpdesk can fix.

William

Edit: Glad to see you got it straightened out.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
I did post a ticket but may be able to cancel it if my tests work.

EDIT: Not sure how to set the Thread to read "Solved:" but all the expected content is now installed and working.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
Bookmark that link, all the payware downloads for TANE use those cryptic names. TANE and TMR17 are pretty much the same program. Just the builtin routes were chosen to fit the model railroad theme.

Chris --

I see you do have TRS19. And within the TMR/T:ANE package there are two of my layouts, The Shortz & Kerliez and the Port Zyd.

To take advantage of the full potential of TRS19 I have updated both of these layouts to TRS19 standards. The updates are free downloads from the Download Station, but do need the original versions of the layouts to be installed in TRS19. For more details of the updates see my posts here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19&highlight=shortz

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19&highlight=shortz

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Having those will bring my collection of your routs up to date.
It was a video of one of your routes that started me on this journey.
It showed that Trainz was at last ready and able to recreate Model Railroads and switching operations rather than just try to be another Train Simulator for CAB mode Running.
I will definitely update my TS2019 Philskene Collection to include them :D

edit:
One of the reasons I decided to Purchase T:ANE retrospectively was your video on loading during a session.
Having just the Rolling stock menu available is so much neater, quicker and easier in a session than having to use the integrated driver/surveyor with the splines and menus clogging the screen.

edit:
Update 2 of TRS19 - Port Zyd and TRS19 - The Shortz Both Successfully installed as are the updated Sessions, Thanks a again for all your great content.

Last edited:
Tip: "Splines .. clogging the screen"
On "Interface Settings" (in game settings) check "Limit Contextual information" and all the clutter on the surveyor screen will go away. You will only see what you need to see for what you are doing.

Back