Why are some of my assets Packaged, Payware (Not Active)??

Content Manager will list payware items that are not installed as well as those that are active or not.

You can't do anything with assets that aren't installed, thus, the options are greyed out.

Bit odd though having not just the CM but your in game menus filled with junk for no reason all of a sudden.. it was all fine before they tried this free period

The list of "junk" only appears if you set the CM filter to "All Content" where you could reasonably expect all "junk" to be listed.

My CM only lists 262 items as "Not Installed". Considering all the DLC Payware packages that I have NOT installed, this seems to me to be a pitifully short list of available Payware assets (note individual assets, not packages) that are waiting to be installed.

In an attempt to understand and, hopefully, explain these changes I have created a Trainz Wiki page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Understand_Content_Manager_Status_Labels which covers what I have gleaned from my own experiments, posts from Tony and Zec and threads like this in the forums. It is still a work in progress.

Just looked at the site and spotted an error.
Available for download
Download station only shows available for download assets. The list you show only shows up with All content selected.
Installed
Also shows Packaged, Payware (Active) or (Not Active) in the list.
Not installed
The unknown does not show under All content, it only shows when the dependencies of an asset are listed. This also applies to not installed.

Last edited:
Thanks for those. I will have a look. Part of the problem has been not knowing if the assets that I have installed on my system are representative of all the possible labels (probably not).

Bit odd though having not just the CM but your in game menus filled with junk for no reason all of a sudden.. it was all fine before they tried this free period
All the "junk" as you put it, will disappear next month when the promo ends. For now set the in game menu to installed rather than purchased.

Available for download
Download station only shows available for download assets. The list you show only shows up with All content selected.

That is interesting because my original screenshot was made with the "On Download Station" filter selected. A few days ago I put in a bug report on a problem with some assets labelled as "Not Installed" with no additional qualifiers that clearly had a later version on the DLS (from listing their "Asset Versions") but the "Newer Version Available" label was not being shown. You had to choose the "List Asset Version" option to see the newer version that was "Available for Download". Perhaps fixing one glitch has created another.

Installed
Also shows Packaged, Payware (Active) or (Not Active) in the list.

Yes, I had decided to simplify the list of labels shown to avoid an overly complex list. I will reassess that decision.

Not installed
The unknown does not show under All content, it only shows when the dependencies of an asset are listed. This also applies to not installed.

I just checked and the "Unknown Location" label does show when the "All Content" filter is selected - at least on my Trainz Plus SP4 Content Manager. Likewise, the "Not Installed" also appears - but this time the "Newer Version Available" qualifier has been added (bug "fixed"?).

Thanks, the adventure continues.
Peter

EDIT: Interesting. In the 1 hour between this post and post #22, the number of "Not Installed" assets has skyrocketed from 262 to 1524.

Last edited:
Available for download

I have submitted another bug report.

Response back from QA.

The default filter includes out of date = false and obsolete = false.
Removing these filters adds the "missing" categories.

So I have created and saved a new filter "Available for Download" with the following settings:-

On Download Station = True
Installed = False
Payware = False

... Which works. I have also updated the Wiki page to show the new instructions.

I see what has happened, I used the Download station that appears in the opening selection where installed is showing. You have added On the download station as a filter to the installed. This shows two different results.

On the download station, is only checking what you have installed which lists all dependencies of assets. The Not Installed did show under All content, but they refer to DLC, and a DBR removed them from my list.

All the "junk" as you put it, will disappear next month when the promo ends. For now set the in game menu to installed rather than purchased.

Doesnt actually make any difference the unowned items still appear - some example- it seems to think I have all the kickstarter reward locos installed but as faulty or missing assets.. It would be impossible for me to have those surely and I seem to have a lot of older looking TUME stock.. Even during the free periods I never looked or downloaded those.. Im wondering if when they finished the date for access to free items and the voucher start somethings got borked.

ps by Junk I simply mean they are not wanted by me and are clogging up my main in game menus and lists in surveyor as well as throwing faults at me in CM.. doesnt seem to matter what filter I use they just appear.

Doesnt actually make any difference the unowned items still appear - some example- it seems to think I have all the kickstarter reward locos installed but as faulty or missing assets.. It would be impossible for me to have those surely and I seem to have a lot of older looking TUME stock.. Even during the free periods I never looked or downloaded those.. Im wondering if when they finished the date for access to free items and the voucher start somethings got borked.

ps by Junk I simply mean they are not wanted by me and are clogging up my main in game menus and lists in surveyor as well as throwing faults at me in CM.. doesnt seem to matter what filter I use they just appear.

There are two reasons for this and N3V is addressing them.

1) The locomotives have been updated to support the new mobile platform.

Since the mobile platform is a version higher than the PC/MAC version, the assets show as an update, however, these updates are not compatible with the PC/MAC version and are not downloadable. Either Tony or Zec said that N3V is addressing this to ensure that mobile versions don't appear in Content Manager as payware not active.

2) The new TRS22 and TRS19 SP5 is coming out soon(tm).

Updating these assets such as the passenger pack for the West from Denver route and sessions, will break older versions, therefore we may currently see missing dependencies in this and other routes and sessions until these assets are updated. Tony said this will be fixed when everything is updated, otherwise, lots of stuff will break.

Since you already have these assets installed, outside of the broken West from Denver route and sessions, unless you have those too but that's a different issue actually, I would ignore it. Your current assets should still work. If they don't then contact the helpdesk here:

Trainz Support - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software (trainzportal.com)

Back