Why are some of my assets Packaged, Payware (Not Active)??

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Ever since the N3V DLC deal went away, some of my assets have just dissipated into thin air. It happened to an asset I was using as an engine shed, it happened to the bogeys on my SP SD70M I bought from JR and it happened to all the locomotives I downloaded from the DLC store! What the actual ****! I thought those assets would remain in my database forever! There was no disclaimer on the deal that said "Your assets will become inactive payware after this date." UNCOOL! Why should it delete all the dependencies for those assets too! Why should it delete well-made buildings? EXPLAIN PLEASE!

DLC packages are not free except for the ones that come with the game. You had a period of time to look at them free of charge and have the option to buy any you like before the 30th of January at a 75% discount. You can purchase a Plus or Gold membership and gain access to all DLC packages for free while you keep up the membership. Buy an annual membership before the 30th of January and you get TRS22 free to keep forever. It comes with S2.0 which is valid only during membership.

It should be only the items that you own from the Trainz Store will remain active. Items that you don't own from the Trainz Store will become inactive.
If you bought an engine from JR then best thing is to uninstall that DLC so you can use the JR version again.

Any items that you don't own will still be there but will remain inactive until active by either purchasing those items or sign up for the Silver or Gold membership.

N3V did say until the 15th of that should've hinted that any non-owned items will go into inactive mode ;)
But yes N3V should've put a disclaimer about items not owned will become inactive.

Cheers

Seems pretty straight forward to me, see 2, 4 and 5

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/2...-90286893&mc_cid=c404a76873&mc_eid=1ac89f446f

OFFER 2 - Enjoy all the Trainz DLC over the holidays!

To Qualify:
  1. Own TRS19 SP4 or higher, or TRS22, or be an active Trainz Plus member.
    (Gold and Silver members already have access to this content through Content Vault)

The Reward:
  1. Download and install any items you choose through your in-game Trainz Content Store.
  2. Access is provided free until January 15, 2022.
  3. On Jan 15, log in to get your 75% Discount Code from MyTrainz (valid for use Jan 15-30, 2022).
  4. Purchase any items you choose from the Trainz Store (code valid for one order only).
  5. Or, join either Silver Class or Gold Class membership to continue accessing ALL the DLC content for as long as you remain a member.

It should be only the items that you own from the Trainz Store will remain active. Items that you don't own from the Trainz Store will become inactive.
If you bought an engine from JR then best thing is to uninstall that DLC so you can use the JR version again.

Any items that you don't own will still be there but will remain inactive until active by either purchasing those items or sign up for the Silver or Gold membership.

N3V did say until the 15th of that should've hinted that any non-owned items will go into inactive mode ;)
But yes N3V should've put a disclaimer about items not owned will become inactive.

Cheers

I'm missing the bogey of the SP SD70M which for some reason is inactive payware.

I thought that meant "You can't download stuff after the 15th."

Thanks for the information guys, but I still need the SP SD70M bogey.

Apparently, they removed FREEWARE TRACK from my database! TRACK I'VE HAD FOR MONTHS BEFORE! This ruined an entire ROUTE I made with the track! I DEMAND an explanation, this is absurd! You can't just say "Here's free DLC" and then take it all away, even the stuff I DIDN'T download during that time! I can't delete the inactive payware asset that overwrote my freeware version, and I can't reinstall it to fix everything!

Last edited:
If you deleted the payware packages, run a database repair to clean up the database.

For freeware content, you should be able to reinstall that content from the DLS because that's how the system is supposed to work now. If you have issues with that, contact the helpdesk.

I’ve also been experiencing funky asset issues since the 15th. I have randomly lost assets that had nothing to do with anything from the DLC preview and many assets that were fine before have now become faulty. At least i know it just isn’t me. Being on a prepaid cellular hotspot for internet, ( my ONLY option ), it is costing me a small fortune to have to keep re-downloading all this stuff. Not to mention the HOURS it takes to download just a couple of gb’s.

My advice would be to use this - https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing , to identify the packages which are now inactive. Find the corresponding package in the packages folder and delete them, run a DBR and then download anything missing from the DLS. If you haven't deleted any obsolete assets in the last month, a DBR will restore most of your database prior to downloading DLC. For JR assets, simply reinstall the offending assets.
cheers
Graeme

Hi All
Any assets marked as payware in a DLC pack (note for older DLC packs, this may include any non DLS assets; newer DLC packs the 'payware' assets are specified by the creator) will become inactive after the free period, unless you have purchased the DLC pack, or claimed it through the Content Vault in a silver or gold membership.

If you do not intend to purchase the DLC pack, or a silver or gold membership, then you will need to uninstall the DLC pack through the Content Store. You may need to install any assets from the DLS or 3rd party sites again in some cases.

Regards

Routes that show content as not active need to firstly do a DBR to rebuild the database. Then you need to open your route/session and use delete missing assets. This will replace the kuid in the config file with the older asset that was installed before.

Not sure what happened on mine but I have massesof items marked packaged missing dependencies payware - most of which are QR or Australian/DSFX/kickstarter random rewards/season town/tume/nohab/averydrexel --- I think during the free time the only route I looked at was coal county on TS19 so how the heck has this happened..Wont let me delete any of it

Is it not possibile to open the route in edit and use the bulk change for every DLC item with something non DLC?

Revert to original is greyed out - these are listed as payware I have never owned nor did I even look at during the free time so how on earth they have appeared is baffling me

Revert to original is greyed out - these are listed as payware I have never owned nor did I even look at during the free time so how on earth they have appeared is baffling me

Content Manager will list payware items that are not installed as well as those that are active or not.

You can't do anything with assets that aren't installed, thus, the options are greyed out.

During the past year (or so) Tony and Zec have regularly informed us that changes to the way assets are reported and handled by CM "were coming". It seems that those changes have arrived with, possibly, more still to come.

There have obviously been some hiccups, and I have reported a few via the Bug Reporting link.

In an attempt to understand and, hopefully, explain these changes I have created a Trainz Wiki page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Understand_Content_Manager_Status_Labels which covers what I have gleaned from my own experiments, posts from Tony and Zec and threads like this in the forums. It is still a work in progress.

Back