Problems w/ SnC Diesels

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

Recently, I had reinstalled the Settle & Carlisle package into TRS22, just to test it out again. However, I have noticed that both the Class 24 and Class 40 do not have the correct textures for what they have been made for. The Class 24 has the same two-tone + half yellow texture for all 4 variants (including the two full green locos), and the Class 40 does not have a full yellow end model. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this package multiple times, yet am still experiencing this problem. I know that there's something wrong with TRS22, as this did not happen in TANE (nor TRS19, I believe, from my tests with it), but I simply don't understand how the game is downloading the wrong texture files. The Class 37 does not have this problem at all - the names of each model matches up with the texture.

Anyone else having problems with the SnC Class 24 and 40? And does anyone know if this will be fixed? Any advice would be appreciated. I just don't get how Trainz is downloading incorrect textures for models that AFAIK don't even have them built in!

Thank you.

EDIT: I just saw this too… the 9F tenders only have the Cycling Lion crest. That includes the ones that should have the Ferret and Dartboard Crest. What?!

Last edited:
It will be because the texture replacement is not working - all of those you've mentioned are aliased to a single version which has the mesh and textures you will be seeing on all of them.

I heard that these problems will be rectified in a future upgrade, we'll just have to wait & see but it is most annoying.

Gam :(

Texture replacement, eh? I’m wondering - how come they couldn’tve used something like AJS Superscripting for changing liveries? (Is it because AJS is only allowed in freeware?) Or is it because their own scripting is more versatile (even though it needs TRS22 updating.)

Honestly, I’d like to update the route to TRS22 standards, and merge all 5 of them together, but I know that I’d have to ask for permission to do so. The SnC is still a superb Trainz package, it just needs some refinement for the modern day, that’s all.

Aliasing was the standard way of reskining without including the mesh in the reskin asset, but it's now obsolete. By the sound of it, TRS22 has finally broken it completely.

It can be fixed by using mesh-asset tags, introduced around TS10 or TS12. Or by copying the meshes in to each aliased asset and adjusting the config file.

I see. Thanks for your help. Hope that the RailSim UK group can at least fix the coding for these SnC assets.

Back