Need Data Base Repair Fixed

Lewiscc65

I have 1,208 OBSOLET assets on my disc.

95 Built-in Obsolete
8 Built-in, Obsolete, Payware
662 Packaged, Obsolete
443 Packaged, Obsolete, Payware

I am sure there are fellow players out there with a lot more. Why do we have to put up with all this lost space. I feel that the "Data Base Repair" should be able to delete these unneeded assets. Anyone out there know of a good reason why these assets should not be deleted?

Most of those are part of the original installed sim or DLC package which you don't have access to. Only N3V can change the content that comes with the sim.

I think that is kind of the point of the OP. Why can we not delete them when they become obsolete? It is a big waste of space, and a lot more to sort through when using the CM.

Hi Lewis,
sadly this is the result of a decision to include all assets in a route pack
built-in and packaged, you cannot delete or only if you remove the entire pack
but good chance that other routes then have missing items.
To make it worse, they are in the pack you downloaded and often also they are cached
then if you have 2 installs of Trainz, again those are there (no shared folder)
if I bring up the subject I get bashed (not that I care)

freeware items that have higher version are mostly safe to delete

Take care to not use assets from those DLC's in your own routes
or you bring the people that you share that route with in trouble
good luck cleaning up.

The original packaged assets don't take up any more than the packages because the assets themselves are highly compressed within the locked .tzarc archive files or those .chump files used on older packages. The only assets you will have now are the ones that replace those when the assets were upgraded. Since the original assets are stuffed into the locked compressed files, we can't delete them.

Back