Trainz Plus Release Candidate 116069 now available

I'm having an issue when trying to merge routes. After I select the route I want to merge with the open one, I position it, merge the layers, it just hangs on a loading screen...

.. i was confused at first, but then relieved after discovering the difference in streaming :
i have trainz plus ... with a gold (annual) membership .. "disguised" behind a 22 label, build 115628, obtained by stream path "trs22 beta" (install map : trs22 01beta) ..
tab trainz settings still shows the 22 label and the launcher shows trainz + .. (the logo looks like a gold bar, right? ..) pic 1 and 2
.. wondering that there was no update for me, i changed the streaming into "trainz plus beta" .. et voila : via un update to (release candidate) 115926, i am now in build 116069 .. updates were fast and smooth .. after the (automatic) dbr, i did a "prebuild" via trainzutil ..

some experiences :
- almost everything installed from my trainz / memberships / content vault .. plus "new diorama" of my own as the only "stranger" .. just 240 gig (54590 assets) .. that's real clean .. (trs19 almost 800 gig / 115912 assets)
- missing (also) <kuid:565249:100506> and knowing by #20 that it will be fixed ..
- <kuid2:212731:501093:4> 3DzUG broadway limited (session) has missing route kickstarter county 2 (not installed, payware ..), although content manager indicates in filter routes : built-in, payware (5.0) = not red .. i expect it will also be fixed .. pic 3 and 4
- merging one board routes like mine and main menu is fast and ok ..
- edit tools are very handy .. still have to learn and experience : uds interface and s20 tools .. it's cool i can switch between classic and s20 ..
- moving or rotating selected area leaves a "shadow" with new region paint .. pic 5 and 6
- copy and paste : paste only possible in a selected area : spacing of objects depending on size of selected area ..
- copy and paste on the same spot (= selected area) is not creating a second, movable item ..

.. i'm not allowed to post attachments as illustrations, so here is a big one ..
.. i'm just observing what happens, so not judging whether it is a bug or not .. still reading and learning surveyor 2.0 feedback thread : 12 pages since 1 december 21 .. i'm running out of time .. so, let's move on ..

upgrade.jpg

Loaded rolling stock is now displaying the amount that they are loaded in driver and it never goes away.
>>
When in Driver > Display Menu > Commodity overlays > choose an option

Thank you Tony, I assume I ticked it to always visible while I was looking around. Sorry to be a bother.

Hi all,

It seems there is a problem with Bulk asset replace. Indeed, when I use this option and I want to save my work, the game does not offer me "Overwrite existing session",
but "Save new route and session" without any possibility of modification. Is it possible to do something to fix it ?

Many thanks.

I was using bulk asset update replace tool most of yesterday and had no problems with it.
Are you editing a session or a route? I would expect to see save new route and session if you were editing a session, or a route from another author. If I select edit route and make changes to the route layer I am only offered to save the route. If I was to place a traincar asset, even if subsequently removed, I would be offered to save route and session.

Cheers Graeme

Hi Graeme, hi all,

Actually this is not a problem with Bulk asset replace. I'm working on a map from another author. I created a session based on this original map without making a copy (which I always did in the past).
So the only option given to me was "Save new route and session". After correcting this oversight, everything is back to normal.
You were right. In summary, there is no problem. Sorry for the waste of time and many thanks.

Best regards.

When I select a large number of objects in the new surveyor, and delete them, it crashes to the desktop. This usually happens while zoomed out to where the map shows, and the selection is larger than a baseboard...

When I select a large number of objects in the new surveyor, and delete them, it crashes to the desktop. This usually happens while zoomed out to where the map shows, and the selection is larger than a baseboard...

Please submit a Trainz Bug Report and include information about which routes this happens on, whether it happens every time or randomly etc.

If you can repeat it, if you save a copy of the route, does it still happen?
If you do a Delete Missing Assets on that copy then resave, does it still happen?

I am pleased to see that the latest Beta release has addressed some of the major issues I have seen and reported from 115628. and I look forward to the next public release.
I do not have a subscription because I took advantage of a first class ticket for life several years ago and it still has over 5400 days to run and I don't think I have that many days left to run. I also do not want any additional DLC packages so I simply cannot see the value in a subscription for me. That is why I watch with great interest the progress but do not participate in the very valuable Beta test phases of development until they become open to us mere buyers of the Trainz updates.

Hi Bob - you get a $24/yr discount on your membership with your lifetime FCT. Also the TRS22 update shouldn't be too long

I have now done some fairly extensive testing in 116069 using some pretty complex AI driven sessions developed in TRS 2019 SP4 (for my WeddinNSW). For the most part things ran well. I did notice the following...

- the bookmarks set in TRS19 did not import into TRS22. Maybe this is to be expected ?
- a couple of times an AI Driver needed a little more specific help to plot a path to a trackmark destination than was required in TRS19.
- panning between some Static and adjacent Tracking cameras, which was handled smoothly in TRS19, saw the view jumping back and forward between cameras when the focus target was midway between them. The large majority of transitions were fine, and some judicious repositioning of cameras fixed the jumpy transitions.

As far as Driver is concerned, I would give this latest build a thumbs up.

I have done only a little Surveyor testing (using the 'Çlassic' interface), but not enough to draw much of a conclusion beyond point 1 above.

Hi Bob - you get a $24/yr discount on your membership with your lifetime FCT. Also the TRS22 update shouldn't be too long

Thanks for that Tony but I had already factored that in to my calculation and it goes like this:-

TRS22 purchase $69.99 less $20 discount. $49.99 Paid

Trainz Plus $69.49 less $24 discount. $45.49 Nett

Cost to me for Year one would be $ 95.48 with an ongoing cost of $45.49 per annum at todays price.

I am sorry that simply does not add up for me, I will live with the exclusion from immediate Beta access but that won't stop me from reporting issues as and when I do find them.

Thanks for that Tony but I had already factored that in to my calculation and it goes like this:-

TRS22 purchase $69.99 less $20 discount. $49.99 Paid

Trainz Plus $69.49 less $24 discount. $45.49 Nett

Cost to me for Year one would be $ 95.48 with an ongoing cost of $45.49 per annum at todays price.

I am sorry that simply does not add up for me, I will live with the exclusion from immediate Beta access but that won't stop me from reporting issues as and when I do find them.

You don't need both, all you need to buy (now ends 1st February) is Plus or Gold annual membership. The annual membership includes the purchase of TRS22 which is yours even if you no longer keep the membership after the first year. The new surveyor and any unowned DLC are the only things you will lose. So one price for both = $45.49 for the year.

Last edited:
You don't need both, all you need to buy (now ends 1st February) is Plus or Gold annual membership. The annual membership includes the purchase of TRS22 which is yours even if you no longer keep the membership after the first year. The new surveyor and any unowned DLC are the only things you will lose. So one price for both = $45.49 for the year.

Hi, I know I don't need both and because I already bought TRS22 the offer of a subscription is not appealing to me and I was expaining that so Tony could see exactly why despite the discount for having Lifetime FCT.

I have now done some fairly extensive testing in 116069 using some pretty complex AI driven sessions developed in TRS 2019 SP4 (for my WeddinNSW). For the most part things ran well. I did notice the following...

- the bookmarks set in TRS19 did not import into TRS22. Maybe this is to be expected ?
- a couple of times an AI Driver needed a little more specific help to plot a path to a trackmark destination than was required in TRS19.
- panning between some Static and adjacent Tracking cameras, which was handled smoothly in TRS19, saw the view jumping back and forward between cameras when the focus target was midway between them. The large majority of transitions were fine, and some judicious repositioning of cameras fixed the jumpy transitions.

As far as Driver is concerned, I would give this latest build a thumbs up.

I have done only a little Surveyor testing (using the 'Çlassic' interface), but not enough to draw much of a conclusion beyond point 1 above.

I am finding I need more track-marks for AI navigation especially around areas with lots of switches. Without these additional track marks the train just sits there clogging up the route for the trains that follow.

Paul_Bert
I am finding I need more track-marks for AI navigation especially around areas with lots of switches.
Yup. Judiciously placed track marks and 'Drive via...' commands work flawlessly in most instances. If AI drivers stuff up, it is always MY fault for not seeing the path as they do...

Paul_Bert
Yup. Judiciously placed track marks and 'Drive via...' commands work flawlessly in most instances. If AI drivers stuff up, it is always MY fault for not seeing the path as they do...

Or caused by us telling the AI to drive via the wrong track mark and wonder why they're getting stuck, blame the AI and fiddle with things that aren't necessary until it dawns on us to check the commands.

Or caused by us telling the AI to drive via the wrong track mark and wonder why they're getting stuck, blame the AI and fiddle with things that aren't necessary until it dawns on us to check the commands.

My original point was that the correct path was found by the drivers in TRS2019, but I had to add additional 'Navigate Via' commands for them to negotiate a path in TRS22. And that this was only an issue a couple of times during the negotiation of hundreds (probably thousands) of paths.

Last edited:
Re AI, we've fixed a bug where the presence of industries was interfering with path finding. It will be in the next update.

Back