Observations on Trainz plus 2019 Driver.

Sean_lee

Sort of got a decent route together, and a session with it. Edit Route seems to be ok. Now to add trains in edit session. Now where is that session, not as obvious as it used to be in TANE. Still had to go to route and look for the session with it thru pages of other sessions from installed other peoples routes. OK started my edit session, saved come back tomorrow. Load game, then route. Wheres that session, tried the search recent edits, no session matches your search. Eventually I find it, seems a bit clunky the way we have to do it, TANE was much easier. Anyhow get to driving, thats a whole new ball game sort of finding out new ways of doing things. AI still is a beast to its own and at times does whatever it likes. Went past a signal at danger in AI and promptly stopped, could not get going again. Had to delete schedule manually drive on a bit and then put my schedule in again. I have lots of trackmarks and signals, and try to drive to named trackmarks rather than destinations. All in all so far so good just a new learning experience. I wonder now if I can move the route I have built to 2022. ??

The interface is different, and we were told it's still WIP by Tony.

To find your specific content, never mind anything else, change the search filter at the top of the screen to "My Content". This will list only your routes.

You then select the route then click on View sessions.

As you know that the TANE version is the same we've had since Trainz 1.0. I agree there are advantages to that, but then again, the TANE version was broken too because it showed everything unlike in TS2010 and TS12 where we could setup favorites.

Lots of ways to find things:
1. Select the route > View Sessions (sort by latest/oldest modified
2. Change the filter to Sessions, type the first few letters in search
3. Open Content Manager, add the Date Modified column and sort by date (click on the column). This will put your most recent edit at the top. Then click Content > Open > Edit in Surveyor (or Open in Driver)

Lots of ways to find things:
1. Select the route > View Sessions (sort by latest/oldest modified
2. Change the filter to Sessions, type the first few letters in search
3. Open Content Manager, add the Date Modified column and sort by date (click on the column). This will put your most recent edit at the top. Then click Content > Open > Edit in Surveyor (or Open in Driver)
The sort by latest/oldest modified was when I ran into the nothing matches your search parameters message. Maybe I did something different. Who knows but got to my session eventually.

The sort by latest/oldest modified was when I ran into the nothing matches your search parameters message. Maybe I did something different. Who knows but got to my session eventually.

There are multiple filters. If you're filtering on routes and searching for a session name you won't find it, for example.

Back