Help....Remove old turf??

marv999

I placed some turf grass early in construction of my route and I now do not have that particular turf. Some how I lost the turf set up for that turf grass and now I cannot remove it the conventional way. I tried to reproduce the same type with no luck just to remove it. So, how do you remove the turf when you no longer have the settings for it? Remove the base board is a no!

I may be mistaken, but I believe if the turf still shows, you still have it. If you did not have it, it would be a missing asset, and you would only see the grid underneath. Have you tried bringing up the texture selector, using the "get object" icon in the lower left corner, and trying to identify exactly what it is? It should give you the name to find in the Content Manager. Conversely, if it really is "Missing", you should be able to "Delete missing assets" and get rid of it that way. EDIT: Thirdly, can you get rid of it by copying a blank section of grid and pasting it over the unwanted grass?

Marv,

Select the turf you want to remove in the same manner you would if you were to place it.

Now using the lower terrain on the topology, move your cursor over that area you want to erase the grass.

Hope this helps.

If this is turf fx you open the turf effect window and use the get tool to find the setting for it. In topology tab select advanced and click on ground. This will list any turf fx you have.

Stagecoach and JCitron ....thanks for the replies, however I know about the normal way of removing the turf, which I referred as the "conventional way of removing it". I selected all turf that I had made and using the Topology height down tool in surveyor tried to remove it...I think you must have the exact turf setting for the grass that was placed to remove it.

Open topology and click advanced. Click on the edit/add effect layer icon and in the new window select the grab tool in the middle and click on your turf fx in the route. This will then show the information for that layer. Click the toggle advanced options (bottom right) to get the turf settings. Next to the grab tool is the delete this effect layer.

Open topology and click advanced. Click on the edit/add effect layer icon and in the new window select the grab tool in the middle and click on your turf fx in the route. This will then show the information for that layer. Click the toggle advanced options (bottom right) to get the turf settings. Next to the grab tool is the delete this effect layer.

It didn't work. A big thanks for your time. When I clicked on the turf I want to remove on my route, the first listed turf I have comes up and it is the one that gets deleted. I tried again, the 2nd turf I have listed shows up and when I click the delete this effect layer, it gets deleted. Tried 3 times with no luck deleting the unwanted turf. What I really don't understand, if the turf shows on my route where is the info located that produces it. I have experienced when changing the settings of a created and placed turfx it affects all placed turf of that kind on the route. So if I accidently over written that turf why didn't it change and if I accidently deleted that turf why didn't it remove itself?

Check your textures as I remember a long time ago some textures were given a mesh to create 3D grass effects.

Yes! I remember the pop-up yellow flowers in TRS2004. The texture name was similar to another one and I'd get confused and put down the wrong one all the time. I recently ran into an old route that had a patch of that.

Back