"Message Window" in Driver not showing any messages.

rmdk

Build 115985

I have been tinkering around with this version, including Surveyor2, and have discovered that the Message Window doesn't show any messages in Driver. I have ticked the up and down arrows that usually show/hide the messages to no avail.

Is there something I have to do, or is this a bug?

Russell

Message windows are working fine in my SP5 beta.

The popup message windows do not depend on which version of Surveyor you are using - they are not a scenery/landscape item. They are found as Session Rules in the Session Editor.

I do not know what you mean by "up and down arrows" that "hide/show" the messages. The only up/down arrows are in the Session Editor that move a rule up or dawn the list, this has nothing to do with hiding and showing the windows.

Message Popups are normally (but not exclusively) activated by specific events such as a Track Trigger, a Time, the loading/unloading of commodities, etc.

May I recommend that you read the example application on the Trainz Wiki at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Track_Triggers

Thanks pware fore your response, I probably should have been more specific.
I'm talking about the message overlay that shows up in Driver, in the bottom left hand corner of the driver screen.
I have ticked the "show message history" box.

Working fine here "Charlie waiting for track clearance" and "Charlie is stuck and awaitng new instructions" just popped up. '22 beta 115985

I have seem this happen a couple of times. First is when an selected object is within the area of the message. Second when a stack dump has occurred. Check for the red bug.

I have seem this happen a couple of times. First is when an selected object is within the area of the message. Second when a stack dump has occurred. Check for the red bug.
Thanks, am experiencing this problem. can you explain what the red bug is please?

Thanks, am experiencing this problem. can you explain what the red bug is please?

The red bug is an alert that appears if there is a script error. Prior to T:ANE, this was enabled by default. In T:ANE and up, you need to enable this by going to the Dev tab located in Trainz settings on the Launcher and then clicking on the option to enable "Show script exception notifications.

While in Surveyor or Driver, or mostly in Driver, when a script error occurs, the red bug appears - it actually looks like a bug. Clicking on that lists the error that occurred and clicking or double-clicking (I can't remember!), shows further details. You can highlight this information, right-click and choose copy. Later you can then paste the information in the forums or send to N3V via a bug report.

Back