Driving on wrong side on yarnish roads

I am setting up a little something, and I am using "Yarnish" 4 lane and 2 lane roads and the cars ar driving on the wrong side of the road. I have opted for USA, but the roads are driving like the cars are in the UK! help!!!

wrong side of the road

"Wrong side of the road" is a matter or perspective. In the UK, NZ, Japan and here in Aus, and other places, we all drive on the "correct side of the road". It is only you "rebellious ex-colonists" who insist on upsetting things. The next thing you will be telling us is that with your light switches "Up" is on and "Down" is off - madness!

:hehe:

"Wrong side of the road" is a matter or perspective. In the UK, NZ, Japan and here in Aus, and other places, we all drive on the "correct side of the road". It is only you "rebellious ex-colonists" who insist on upsetting things. The next thing you will be telling us is that with your light switches "Up" is on and "Down" is off - madness!

:| Hardee Har har har

Right side or wrong side, it's all how your drag these roads. You need to drag them in the opposite direction of travel.

I ride along on live-stream videos with Daniel Shaw from NSW Australia. It feels odd at first hanging a sharp left at an intersection instead of crossing over, but I soon get used to it.

It's not the road, there's a tag in the Region config

ontheright 0=left (uk etc) 1= right (usa etc)

Right side or wrong side, it's all how your drag these roads. You need to drag them in the opposite direction of travel.

I ride along on live-stream videos with Daniel Shaw from NSW Australia. It feels odd at first hanging a sharp left at an intersection instead of crossing over, but I soon get used to it.

I did try dragging them opposite directions. I even pulled the spline right to left, and did another spline below it and went left to right, the cars were still on the wrong side.

LOL! We also don't seem to use the right words, nor do we know how to spell correctly!

<smile>

We also don't seem to use the right words, nor do we know how to spell correctly!

You have hit the nail on the head there. For example, you Nth Americans keep dropping the letter "u" out of words - so colour becomes color, neighbour becomes neighbor, flavour becomes flavor, etc. I often wonder why "your" doesn't becomes "yor":D?

You have hit the nail on the head there. For example, you Nth Americans keep dropping the letter "u" out of words - so colour becomes color, neighbour becomes neighbor, flavour becomes flavor, etc. I often wonder why "your" doesn't becomes "yor":D?

I read a fair amount of material written with the British/Australian spellings. Sometimes I get confused how I should spell words, not too infrequently it involves the letter U.
It amuses me how us Nth Americans have worked so hard to distance ourselves from our roots.
:)

Last edited:
I read a fair amount of material written with the British/Australian spellings. Sometimes I get confused how I should spell words, not too infrequently it involves the letter U.
It amuses me how us Nth Americans have worked so hard to distance ourselves from our roots.
:)

Yup. We can thank Mr. Webster for that. There was a strong push in the early to mid-19th century to move the US further away from Great Britain and one of the ways was to change spelling. Centre became center, colour, color and so on. Why we switched sides of the road, though I don't know.

Back to topic, I didn't know about that tag. I'll add that to my notes. For highway roads dragging the roads the opposite of travel puts the traffic in the correct direction.

Back