TRS 22 = TRS 19 ???

tirediron

Decided to go for the TrainzPlus incentive and get an early start on '22 - downloaded at the TRS22 download link (9.6Gb) and installed, Build 111951, but everything shows as TRS19... am I missing something, or? (I am NOT the best at stuff like this).

Thanks!

111951 is TRS19 SP3 so you may have downloaded the wrong file or accessed the wrong install on your PC.

The TRS22 beta installer on Mytrainz shows as 115985

111951 is TRS19 SP3 so you may have downloaded the wrong file or accessed the wrong install on your PC.

The TRS22 beta installer on Mytrainz shows as 115985

Thanks!

No idea, but I uninstalled it, and reinstalled from the SAME install file, and now I have TRS 22... WTF???? :eek:

You should still check the build number. The branding seems to be determined by the permissions given to your username after the purchase. There is a slight delay between purchase and when those permissions are changed. For instance, all my TRS19 installs now are branded for Trainz + regardless of the build version.

Thanks for the link; looks like some good reading. Off hand, any insight into whether or not their are issues with procedural track? I noticed last night just playing around that in the installed routes, the track at switches looked good, but any of the procedural tracks that I selected when I was experimenting in S2 didn't "procedural" correctly...

Thanks for the link; looks like some good reading. Off hand, any insight into whether or not their are issues with procedural track? I noticed last night just playing around that in the installed routes, the track at switches looked good, but any of the procedural tracks that I selected when I was experimenting in S2 didn't "procedural" correctly...

There have been some issues like the track not forming all the way. I noticed too and I wonder if that issue depends upon the track. Trainboi1's track is excellent while the older TANE Oak, or other track of that ilk doesn't render well.

You're welcome. Tony handed that to us when the beta first came out and I favorited instantly.

I am on a Mac with no problems running TR 19 0r first DL of TR 22. But as soon as I install the first update 115635 it will not start. All the other selections work. I get a very big error message about the coding which is over my head!
I did ask for help on Discord, filed a bug report, and an email to NV3 support to NV3 and they stated they did not help with this type of problem?

I am a noobie so I cannot attach the error page.

Last edited:
I am on a Mac with no problems running TR 19 0r first DL of TR 22. But as soon as I install the first update 115635 it will not start. All the other selections work. I get a very big error message about the coding which is over my head!
I did ask for help on Discord, filed a bug report, and an email to NV3 support to NV3 and they stated they did not help with this type of problem?

I am a noobie so I cannot attach the error page.

Is this a white error box with a bunch of letters and numbers?

If this is the case, these are called assertion errors. These are stop-code messages that appear during the testing when something goes wrong that isn't serious enough to prevent the program from running, but otherwise may cause a performance problem or something. They range from mild one, such as the one related textures not loading quick enough, or a mesh error related to the baseboards. The not so mild ones could be related to scripts that cause industries or other assets to stop working in-game. For these errors, print screen and send that to the Developers using this form.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

Once you screen capture the error, you can continue and move on from that error. Sometimes, you may have to hit ignore and continue loading.

The other errors are red-bug errors. These are related to scripts usually, or something wrong with an asset that causes something to timeout. For these click on the red-bug and a screen will open up showing the contents. You can highlight the text and copy that and then paste it into the text in the bug-report when you send it in.

Surveyor is paused so procedural track (and anything else that animates) requires you to unpause when in surveyor.

Back