Indelible tracks

Alessandro71

Hi guys, I really hope you can help me. In the realization of my routes I still got stuck.

Basically I came across "indelible tracks". Has any of you ever had anything to do with this situation?

It had already happened to me with the old versions of trainz but, in that case (to extreme evils, extreme remedies) I eliminated the whole square and, with it, these tracks, now no longer manageable in any other way.

Unfortunately, the problem recurred also in trs2019, but this time it is no longer enough even to eliminate the entire square.

These tracks remain there, they hinder me and prevent me from continuing. Can any of you suggest me how to delete them?

Thanks in advance.

:wave:
0QpPfCr
0QpPfCr
binari-incancellabili.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There's a simple fix for that. I ran into a bridge that had the same feature (snark).

Copy the terrain

Paste the terrain over the track.

The track that can't be deleted will then be deleted.

There's a simple fix for that. I ran into a bridge that had the same feature (snark).

Copy the terrain

Paste the terrain over the track.

The track that can't be deleted will then be deleted.

Thanks for your suggest, John, but unfortunately it doesn't work:(

This is a longshot but, have you tried looking for it in a different menu as sometimes certain scenery items may be actually listed under a different menu (I once found an errant station platform spline that I couldn't delete or move no matter what which should have been a scenery spline but I eventually discovered was in fact listed as track), so it's possible this mysterious track you cannot click on as track might be a scenery spline or something else. It's worth a try in any event.

This is a longshot but, have you tried looking for it in a different menu as sometimes certain scenery items may be actually listed under a different menu (I once found an errant station platform spline that I couldn't delete or move no matter what which should have been a scenery spline but I eventually discovered was in fact listed as track), so it's possible this mysterious track you cannot click on as track might be a scenery spline or something else. It's worth a try in any event.

Thank you for the suggestion, Enkidoh.
What you suggest was one of my first attempts to manage these binaries in an alternative way. I tried to manage them (besides treating them as normal tracks) as "normal objects", I tried to manage them as "spline objects", as railway signals, as triggers.
I tried all kinds of copy / paste, merge with a tile from another scenario, to erase the whole tile.
Attempts with did not result.:(

A very dirty trick Alessandro
only works if that piece of track is not also used elsewhere in the route

-find the exact name(kuid) of that piece of track
-in Content manager, find it and make a cdp backup
-delete(or disable) that track in CM
-open that route with the strange track
-do delete missing objects, save that route (with a different name !)
-In CM re-enable that track or import it again
-see if its gone
hope this helps

Last edited:
A very dirty trick Alessandro
only works if that piece of track is not also used elsewhere in the route

-find the exact name(kuid) of that piece of track
-in Content manager, find it and make a cdp backup
-delete(or disable) that track in CM
-open that route with the strange track
-do delete missing objects, save that route (with a different name !)
-In CM re-enable that track or import it again
-see if its gone
hope this helps

I do not think it is possible to follow your suggestion, G.M. (sorry), as I in the CM do not have the option "disable" or, even better "disable temporarily".
In CM, however, I have the option "delete" (ctrl + delete), but this command should be used with caution.
I did an experiment on another scenario (a test scenario) and the cancellation was total, in every part of the scenario. Sure, I had saved the CDP, but then if I reinstalled that track by the cdp, the tracks no longer appeared as they were before, but all of them disappeared. Trainz simply put them back at my disposal, but without putting them back in their original position.
I could give it another try, but at least I should figure out where I find the "disable" command in the CM.

Last edited:
Disable found under the "Content" menu in Content Manager.

In your route, have you tried Delete Missing Assets?

This is found under the Tools menu. (The one that looks like a screwdriver and spanner/wrench.)

Sometimes, exiting the program back to the Launcher and running a database repair will clean this up. Note sometimes. Past performance doesn't always guarantee future results.

Disable found under the "Content" menu in Content Manager.

In your route, have you tried Delete Missing Assets?

This is found under the Tools menu. (The one that looks like a screwdriver and spanner/wrench.)

Sometimes, exiting the program back to the Launcher and running a database repair will clean this up. Note sometimes. Past performance doesn't always guarantee future results.

Thanks , JCitron. I tried to use that option (delete missing assets): unfortunately it doesn't work:confused:. Those cursed tracks are always there, unshakable, indelible.
For that other option you suggested (database rebuild), now I wait and see if I can get other useful advice, also because, the last time I used that option, this procedure then lasted about 8 hours and deleted some things, which I then struggled to locate and reinstall.

Can you do 1 more test Alessandro?
make sure all layers are visible and not locked
If you copy a piece of terrain, make it large enough to include all spline points
not as in your screeny but a little larger

Last edited:
Can you do 1 more test Alessandro?
make sure all layers are visible and not locked
If you copy a piece of terrain, make it large enough to include all spline points
not as in your screeny but a little larger

I redid the test you suggested, G.M., but even before I had tried numerous times, paying attention that the copy / paste of the terrain abundantly included the spline points placed at the ends of the offending piece of track.
And so I also did for another 2 or three pieces of indelible tracks not very far from what you see in the photo.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.
However now, in CM, I found the "disable" option.
I'll try this other method
Update: Unfortunately, also this method has not produced any results either.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem some time ago. This is the aide-mémoire I made to myself for future reference:
_____

Delete - when all else fails

Track / objects / ... that will not delete delete.

Create a layer called Delete

Open Track / Objects / ... flyout.

Click on ?
Click on the track / objects one at a time.
Move them from the route layer to the Delete layer.

Delete the layer called Delete.

The track / objects should disappear.​
_____

Tell me if this works for you too.

Phil

Last edited:
I had a similar problem some time ago. This is the aide-mémoire I made to myself for future reference:
_____
Delete - when all else fails

Track / objects / ... that will not delete delete.

Create a layer called Delete

Open Track / Objects / ... flyout.

Click on ?
Click on the track / objects one at a time.
Move them from the route layer to the Delete layer.

Delete the layer called Delete.

The track / objects should disappear.​
_____

Tell me if this works for you too.

Phil

This is probably the right solution, Phil, but unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the levels.
Now, in keeping with your suggestion, I'm experimenting with identical copies of my map.
In the meantime, could you explain the procedure to me better?
As I told you, I am not very familiar with levels

Update.
After other unsuccessful attempts, I carefully reread the suggestion you wrote me, and I applied it following it to the letter, step by step.
In the end I understood the mechanism that you suggested to me and I succeeded:Y::Y::Y:.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, Phil, this problem was driving me crazy:D.

Last edited:
Great, the community always finds a workaround, big thanks to Phil
adding the move to newlayer, delete newlayer to my list as number 3599 :)

When I had this happen, I found if I added a baseboard under the offending assets, I could delete the assets normally. Then I just delete the baseboard.

This was an issue going way back into early TANE. And 2010 Dont think it ever got truly fixed bit of dud code which refuses to go away. Found it happens in random places. What you did I have also done. Thankfully it was not in a major area.

This was an issue going way back into early TANE. And 2010 Dont think it ever got truly fixed bit of dud code which refuses to go away. Found it happens in random places. What you did I have also done. Thankfully it was not in a major area.

TS2010, like TS2009 and versions before, and TS12 after suffered from another issue. In those versions, tracks became fixed objects randomly and could only be deleted using the scenery tool.

In the current versions, since TANE I've run into another problem where tracks will no longer accept track-objects. This has been reported and there's a task for it, but it's one of those miserable problems that elusively hides itself making it difficult to pinpoint the cause. the solution is to open up all downloaded and third-party installed track for edit then submitting it again. This will force an update to the database and the track becomes normal again. The other solution I was told is to run a EDBR, but I never tried that.

Back