track and ballast

lenscab

I have been trying for hours to to put down a ballast that does not cover the track. Is this happening to everyone or is thre a specific way of doing it, and I have tried the options in the track content menu. Any help with this will be appreciated please.

Len,

The problem is the PBR ballast. If you can use something like LRW ballast, you may be in better luck.

<kuid2:101839:41006:1> LRW Track Grey Ballast
<kuid2:101839:41005:1> LRW Track Brown Ballast

There are others, some of which are better than others of course, but I've had good luck with these in the past.

The alternative to switching ballast is to change your performance settings by lowering the post-processing to low. This will "freeze" the PBR and disable it, but I'm not sure you want to do that.

Thanks for your reply John, I tried the LRW track brown ballast, unfortunatley when I used it on quite a few tracks the track disappered and I am using it on the grid, could you advise me on what tracks to use with it please.
Len

Thanks for your reply John, I tried the LRW track brown ballast, unfortunatley when I used it on quite a few tracks the track disappered and I am using it on the grid, could you advise me on what tracks to use with it please.
Len

Deleted, I don't have TRS22, so I can't help you without a picture. I think I know what's going on, but I'm not sure.

Len

A picture would help here.

What track are you using? That may make a difference as well.

I have been trying for hours to to put down a ballast that does not cover the track. Is this happening to everyone or is thre a specific way of doing it, and I have tried the options in the track content menu. Any help with this will be appreciated please.

In the settings menu, change the "shader quality" to standard.

John

I already have shader on standard and what you can see it does with whatever track or ballast I use. Height and grade are set to zero. Thankyou for the help you are giving me, I hope it can be solved otherwise it will be pointless for me to try to build a route, bedause I am getting to the end of my tether with this.
I am getting on top of eveything else its just this and I dont want to go back to 1019.
What you can see is TRACK: LRW track,wood,Bulkhead,Brown ballast
TEXTURE: LRW track brown ballast.

Thanks again
Len

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/782947/screenshots/299469/1000/Len-track.jpg

Last edited:
You need the shader set to Ultra to enable PBR textures, otherwise PBR textures will act like non-PBR textures. Also, PBR textures are all Trainz-build 4.6 and higher. You can use the search filter to filter out all the non-PBR textures and be left with only the PBR textures by adding the filter "Trainz-build" "4.6" (quotations removed).

You need the shader set to Ultra to enable PBR textures, otherwise PBR textures will act like non-PBR textures. Also, PBR textures are all Trainz-build 4.6 and higher. You can use the search filter to filter out all the non-PBR textures and be left with only the PBR textures by adding the filter "Trainz-build" "4.6" (quotations removed).

As the author of 2500+ PBR textures on the DLS, your statement is incorrect regarding the display of PBR textures.

John

Back