Environmental settings you like?

K4andT1lover

All,
Just curious if anyone has any TRS19 Environmental settings that you especially like, or that you think look dramatic / unique? I know they can make a world of difference, and it can take quite a bit of tweaking to get them right.
Best,
Ron

WAY less fog than seems to be default. I am sure there are places in the world where it is foggy all or most of the time, but I have never lived in one. Sorry, that is a route or session setting, so not strictly an environmental setting, but it sure fogs up a lot of routes and sessions. Most of the dramatic stuff I have been impressed with has been either early morning or early evening sunlight, and/or heavy to stormy clouds.

Tip: If you have Nvidia graphics play with "Digital Vibrance" in the "Display - Desktop color settings" - I thought many items looked "cartoon like," meaning that reds and yellows were just too "bright" and "toy" looking (rolling stock). Turning down "Digital Vibrance" made everything look more weathered, dingy, and real. Of course, trees and buildings are affected so you have to find a happy medium.

Tip: If you have Nvidia graphics play with "Digital Vibrance" in the "Display - Desktop color settings" - I thought many items looked "cartoon like," meaning that reds and yellows were just too "bright" and "toy" looking (rolling stock). Turning down "Digital Vibrance" made everything look more weathered, dingy, and real. Of course, trees and buildings are affected so you have to find a happy medium.

Interesting. I never would have thought of that one!

Nothing wrong with doing that, but that's compensating for over-saturated textures. Which in all fairness probably didn't look like that in older versions of trainz. Like how some models are now ridiculously reflective because some setting was ticked that had no effect in older versions, so it went unnoticed.

I personally like the fog, but find many older routes need to have me open them in surveyor and hit reset on the environmental settings so it stops looking like it's on the surface of Mercury. (Super bright lighting)

While graphically it's called fog, to me it's more like atmospheric haze.

Last edited:
Back