Downloads from Content Store do not install or at least not

hutten

Hello,

(sorry the title got saved prematurely and I do not see how to remove this post and start again.)
Is there a limit to the number of downloads available? I am on 115985 and download many (ca 30) locomotives from the store, in game. I actually downloaded them simultaneously. In the Trainz Content Store window, they all show as installed (View Details), and the option to Uninstall is available. In CM, however, about half of them appear as "Not Installed, Payware (not active)". The corresponding folders with the corresponding package numbers are all present in the user data/packages map.
I tried a EDBR, but nothing changed concerning these items.
Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Regards,
Paul

Last edited:
Paul,

Check the Content Vault in My Trainz and ensure all assets have been selected.

When downloading from the Content Store, only download a few at a time. I found this out the hard way, otherwise the whole lot can lock up. You can uninstall your downloads, by clicking on the uninstall button once installed, but this can take a really, really long time to uninstall.

The alternative to the uninstall button on the Content Store is to close the Launcher, and Content Store if you have that opened.
Change to the packages folder, which is located where you install your content.
Delete the packages. There are multiple folders in there that begin with SC-followed by numbers such as SC454a for example.

Once deleted, empty your recycle bin and defrag your hard drive if this is a regular drive.

Start up TRS19. At the Launcher, run a DBR.

Once completed, download your packages again from the Content Store, but only download a few at a time.

Note sometimes errors appear after downloading in the Content Store. If you see any View Error on the buttons, click on the button and then hit cancel. This will update the button to Installed. This is a bug with the Content Store and can be ignored.

You can change the title of your post, but it may now be too late now that I posted here. When you first post, and notice the error, you can click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the forum post and edit your title. This will work just the same if you need to edit your post.

If you can't edit the title now after I typed this, contact the helpdesk and they will fix it for you.

TIP: If you are a control freak like me consider: I download one thing at a time and leave 10-15 minutes between. Why? Timestamps in Content Manager. You can view by date installed and then tell every asset installed with any given item by the timestamps. Of course, you don't have to wait in between, you can just view by time sequentially from "installed item" to "Installed item." But a gap in time helps.

Checking CM after each install will also let you know if any asset installed was faulty and you'll know exactly what it belongs to. Of course, "view dependents" will tell you that also.

I realize not everyone can do this. I am fortunate to have fast internet and I sit at my other computers working all day long so I just need reach over and do another download when one is done.

Just food for thought...

Last edited:
Hello John, 1611mac, JackDownUnder,

Thanks for all those answers. I am on Plus, forgot to say that before.
I already tried a deletion via the Content Store before and know it takes forever. Why? Anyway, reinstalling after deletion clearly show that everything reside in a cache, it just "reinstalls" in a few seconds. But that does not help, it does not lead to an available asset.
There are no options to be chosen from in CM for the assets that did not get installed (even though the Content Store window says that have been installed), everything is grey, no viewing, no editing.
I know about the "Error" which simply disappears when you click that button. But that is all different behavior.
I will just delete the "failed" packages from their folder, do an EDBR, and start again slowly.
Internet is no problem, I have ten or more megabytes per second here, luckily.

Regards,
Paul

Paul,

If after you reinstall, should things not work, you should contact the helpdesk. This could be an account error that has caused things not to sync properly and activate the content you have downloaded. This isn't something you did, but more like a glitch on the servers.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I looked at versions. From the Content Store window, I click "View Details" and then "List Featured Assets", which takes me to CM. There I checked some of the downloaded-but-uninstalled assets on versions; they are not there either.

Regards,
Paul

Hello,

As planned, I deleted the packages and did an EDBR. The Content Store window now showed the assets removed and ready to be installed. But alas, I tried to install some of them one by one, but they do not get installed, even though the package with the proper number returns in user data/packages. And it is not an empty folder, it is 50-60 Mb for locomotives.
If this is still the case after another EDBR, I will contact the helpdesk, as John suggested.

Regards,
Paul

For Locomotives...
Start game and click "Driver/Surveyor" and then at top left "Type" select "Locomotives" and "Source" "Installed" - All your installed locos will show at bottom. On right bottom of screen "Sort by" and select "Latest Installed" - Scroll the picks at bottom so you get to the first one on the left. That should be the latest one that was installed.

This is another way to verify if installed or not in additional to the more common Content Manager where you can show Installed, Locomotives, by Install date.

See what this alternative method shows you.

Hello 1611mac,

Thanks for this tip, but it is no longer needed (but maybe later).
I solved the whole problem.
I removed the uninstalled packages (kept a list of asset names and corresponding package numbers at hand) and put them in a separate folder. Then did an EDBR. Thereafter I put the package folders back in user data/packages, and did another EDBR. Now all the assets were recognized as new and before the EDBR was even halfway, they appeared as installed in CM. And could be viewed and used.
Also tried to install them in this way in TRS19, in which I had not downloaded them, and it works well.

Regards,
Paul

Back