Transferring from Tane to 2019

LorraineO

If I transfer my files some articles do not transfer. I updated my track on Tane to one showing on 2019 and yet in the contents manager is says faulty and I loose my track, this has happened with other asstes as well. Is there a way I can update my assets so that they will appear in 2019.

I saved my T:ANE route and sessions as CDP files then imported them into TRS19. All missing dependence I then downloaded fresh to make a clean install. Anything still missing I then likewise saved from T:ANE and imported into TRS19.

What wouldn't transfer I replaced within T:ANE with something more suitable before again saved/imported into TRS19 repeating the process as necessary. It does take longer but was easier than trying to repair my route etc. within TRS19. Peter

Lots of items will not transfer from Tane to TRS19, been there done that. For whatever reason as Tony has also said, you'll need to re-download them directly into TRS19.

Lots of items will not transfer from Tane to TRS19, been there done that. For whatever reason as Tony has also said, you'll need to re-download them directly into TRS19.

He's referring to DLC and built-in assets. There is a pack of TANE assets available for download via DLC. The pack I think is called extra TANE asset or something similar.

The DLC package is:
Additional TANE assets for TRS19
These packages contain assets from TANE that are not found in the TANE standard routes - C&O Hinton Division, ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh, Healesville - 1913-1920 and Kickstarter County.
But I also agree with Alikiwi (I think) two posts up. The word "transfer" makes it not clear exactly what OP is doing. I sometimes picture users sometimes manually moving individual files and folders from one location to another. It's always best to download DLC when moving from Tane to TRS19 I believe. 3rd party and personal items should be available (as backups) and dropped into CM as a CDP.

Any software that gets an update, has an option to load or import older version files
without any user trouble at all or redownloading.
Strange that Trainz makes it so hard for users to tranfer routes from older version to current.

Most trouble caused by:
-Packing DLC
-.texture (this could CM fix automatic)

The current system leads to unneeded re-downloading, thus wasting bandwidth
and if you have different version of Trainz, many double files wasting HD space

Back