HTML text boxes

Astronom

Hello folks,
first of all a happy new year to all of you.
I have just started to translate the routes and tasks descriptions, as well as the hint boxes into German.
Now there are also so called HTML textboxes, I hope I use the right name here. Where can I find them?

Greetings
Astronom

I have just started to translate the routes and tasks descriptions, as well as the hint boxes into German.

Now there are also so called HTML textboxes, I hope I use the right name here. Where can I find them?

There are several possible answers.

Firstly, a session can have a separate HTML-asset (or more than one HTML-asset) as a dependency. This asset will usually contain graphics, web files (.html or .htm) and sometimes sound files (.wav). The web files will contain the text messages that you would need to translate. A Trainz Wiki page dealing with HTML-assets can be found at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Create_a_HTML_Asset

Secondly, a session can contain any number of Message Popup Rules. These are usually simpler text boxes, which can contain an optional graphic. The above link also contains a section dealing with Message Popup Rules.

Hope this helps.

The Message Popup Rule text boxes will be found in the Session Session Editor. They will be labelled "Message Popup".

Load the Session into Surveyor. From the Edit menu select Edit Session.

Hi pware. My issue is that the warnings down in the left area of the screen are far too large and I miss the end , usually when teeling me of an issue with a missing point or switch. Is there anyway to decrease the size of the text so that the whole message can be viewed and not chopped off? There is no facility, as far as I can see, to do this in the popup message rule that you have mentioned. Regards.

Hi pware. My issue is that the warnings down in the left area of the screen are far too large and I miss the end

These warnings are part of the Driver messaging system and are produced by the Trainz system and not the Session creator. I rarely, if ever, use them so I have them turned off (minimised). That, from what I can see, is the only control that you seem to have over them.

The only possible setting that I can think of that might have an effect is the screen resolution. I have a 27" screen set at maximum resolution and the widest message I have seen (just tested it) is the "Unable to plot route - junction is missing lever" with the last few pixels of the "r" cut off.

Hi pware. My issue is that the warnings down in the left area of the screen are far too large and I miss the end , usually when teeling me of an issue with a missing point or switch. Is there anyway to decrease the size of the text so that the whole message can be viewed and not chopped off? There is no facility, as far as I can see, to do this in the popup message rule that you have mentioned. Regards.

You can not chnage the text size. The messages here come from 'Class Interface'. The method I use in my triggers to show up there is 'Interface.Print'

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Class_Interface#Print

These commands are within the script of the asset. So the length or text of the message could be altered, but you will need to know TrainzScript to alter them.

These messages also get echoed in the log file when the session is run so you can go view the log file to see the full message.

Thx Christopher824. Convoluted and complicated way of extracting the info , especially while in session and for a technically challenged player as myself, not a promising workaround. I think this subject has been talked about in this forum. Some complaining that the text was too small and perhaps it was enlarged in an SP. I remember when the first build of TS2019 was released, the text was definitely smaller.

Last edited:
Back