Mac M1 - Apple Silicone issues

denniskoulouris

Hello everyone and happy new year!
I recently installed the game on my MacBook Air M1 (8/256).
It is quite playable, actually runs smoother than my desktop setup (i5 10400, RX 570 8GB, 16 Ram) but has some minor bugs:
- Some buttons e.g. in the top bar are not selectable after some time (in driver)
- When I press the X button to close the app, sometimes it closes as expected but there are times that it does nothing
- Some third party driver commands (like MST Pantograph) are not working
- Speed indicator is not working properly (it may stuck to 0 although the train is moving).
As far as I am concerned, these bugs may be due to the Rosetta 2 emulation of the game.
Is there any extension to add native support for the M1s?

Hello,
I have a brand new M1 Mini but it's for work and not play. I built a Windows machine for my Sims as most are not available for OSX.

You don't say which version of TRS19 you have or if you are on PLUS and doing beta. Your history goes back a long way (I've been using Tane and '19 for three years now) but you only have 4 posts so perhaps you don't visit the forums much. I suggest going through the '19 and '22 (both "normal" and "beta" versions) to get a flavor of some of the issues that users have.

The only issue that you list that I've seen is the latest '22 beta that I threw on my M1 just to check it out (graphics on the M1) and when I clicked the "Start Trainz" button it just flashed and nothing happened. I didn't pursue a "fix" (like launching from CM). I installed '19 and it ran well but I certainly didn't check all features and functions.

Curious.. What did you run '19 on previously (or concurrently)?

Hello,
I have a brand new M1 Mini but it's for work and not play. I built a Windows machine for my Sims as most are not available for OSX.

You don't say which version of TRS19 you have or if you are on PLUS and doing beta. Your history goes back a long way (I've been using Tane and '19 for three years now) but you only have 4 posts so perhaps you don't visit the forums much. I suggest going through the '19 and '22 (both "normal" and "beta" versions) to get a flavor of some of the issues that users have.

The only issue that you list that I've seen is the latest '22 beta that I threw on my M1 just to check it out (graphics on the M1) and when I clicked the "Start Trainz" button it just flashed and nothing happened. I didn't pursue a "fix" (like launching from CM). I installed '19 and it ran well but I certainly didn't check all features and functions.

Curious.. What did you run '19 on previously (or concurrently)?

I was on the Trainz family since 2010.. only in Windows platforms. My TRS19 Version is build 114870, Steam. I can not get any beta version on it, neither am I a PLUS member. I am afraid that it has to do with the Steam, because the Steam itself runs as Intel. In my windows desktop it runs fine.

Yes, it is possible to run betas under Steam but N3V doesn't normally compile them for Steam so they aren't available at the moment. If one is announced in the future, you right click on the name of the game in the Steam Client and choose Properties and click the Beta tab. If one is available it appears under the opt in drop down area. Plus Steam only allows one version to be install at a time so a beta over writes the normal version. You can't install a beta build compiled for the N3V version to the Steam version of the game. Memberships and Plus builds are only available at the moment through N3V directly. Tony did say that a Early Access version of TRS22 would be available for Steam in the near future (January?).

Back