Help needed on Post-Production on a Video for my YouTube channel

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
So I was out railfanning today, and I recorded a couple of trains coming thru town. Now I could easily upload the first train, but the second train is a bit of a problem. There's one car on the train that has some obvious profanity on it, and I need some help with obscuring the profanity. If I was to upload the video in its original form, I'd get a strike against me from YouTube and I don't want that. Someone had graffitied onto a car the F-bomb and then the current president. I suspect they were a Trump supporter. Anyway, if someone can help me with obscuring the profanity, I'd appreciate it. I will note that I filmed it on my iPhone instead of a camera.

Uh, you could try and blur it in YouTube video editor or use moving images and text boxes to blur it in editing.

Life lesson for graffiti artists: Don't put your personal opinions on traincars!

As someone who does this for a living, my 2c:

Filmed on iPhone: so likely handheld, shaky, low resolution and above all, variable framerate - and your subject is moving as well.
All of these are factors that do not help in vfx tracking to mask out said portion of the video, in fact it is nearly the worst case possible. The only thing that could make it worse is if you filmed at dawn or dusk where there is low light and high noise levels.
You're unlikely to find anyone who will do a decent job of this for free. Since your video isn't for commercial use it really isn't worth the time or effort. My honest advice is to just cut out the offending part out and move on.

As someone who does this for a living, my 2c:

Filmed on iPhone: so likely handheld, shaky, low resolution and above all, variable framerate - and your subject is moving as well.

Incorrect, as I was using a tripod with a bracket for holding my iPhone in place.

I agree with Nicky, just cut out the car when you can see the problematic graphic. A simple jump cut or if you want to get fancy, a dissolve transition to indicate a passage of time to cover the gap left after deleting the bad part.

William

Well, I managed to use YouTube Studio to put a large rectangular blur across the screen when the profanity appears. The blur only last for 4 seconds, as that's how long the profanity is on the screen.

Back