AI SPADe? (Juts watched one run a red light)

frogpipe

Yesterdayz Trainz Member
AI SPADs? (Just watched one run a red light)

Is this a thing now? Or did I witness a glitch? AI freight passed by me as I was in a yard, and rolled right thru a red signal like it wasn't there. Resulted in standoff elsewhere.

One off, or is this an issue these days? (Ive been away for awhile, SP4 is new to me)

More info: hovering on the ignored signal shows "End of the line" which it most certainly isn't. So I'm thinking its a signal script gone wonky or not properly implemented.

Last edited:
@Frogpipe: Just a note here for future use. If you Edit your post in Advanced mode, you can alter the title.

Bill

Noted and performed. Thanks.

I'm still investigating this. It was on Jointed Rails "Coal Country" using the session from the route author that is freeware over at K&L Trainz website.

The weird thing is that there's commands that seem to show the author knew of the issue.

The train in question is sent to a 2nd red signal and implicitly told to stop and wait 5 minutes, but the logic is faulty because there's no way to get the player triggered AI train out of the way in that amount of time.

I added a "wait until trigger" and that seems to simulate the desired behavior (red light running freight waits for passenger to pass) but I'm curious if there's a glitch in the signals in making a work around for.

Back