West From Denver Missing Dependencies

Thanks for the explanation.

I don't know of a UK train that just goes from start to destination without some intermediate stops.

Eg London to Edinburgh stops (IIRC) Peterborough, York, Newcastle and possibly others.
All trains from Paddington to the west stop at Reading

Cheers,
Colin

I am guessing if it is prototype, that maybe the real-life track condition is not that great. I do wonder about the low speeds on a lot of routes, like so much 25mph on C&O Hinton, it's really kind of boring to run long distances so slow.

As per Tony, the release of the fix is being held back due to the fix causing more problems with other builtin routes. He said it will be released with the full release. Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense to me either but that is what I think he said.

As the Author attributed to the two sessions containing missing dependency I can assure you that The sessions submitted to N3V contained Amtrak locomotives and rolling stock and did not contain that asset. As part of the changes they made before release the locomotives and rollingstock were replaced, I have not researched the coaches but the locomotive is a Jointed Rail asset modified by N3V.

The loco has issues with the cab instruments that the JR original does not have and the Prod Passenger 2019 asset that seems to have 60 sitting and standing passengers as dependants also has issues so I am sorry neither I as the session author or Jango the route author are in a position "fix this". The asset and its dependants are Built- in and as such are under the discretion of N3V. As wreeder has stated N3V are aware of the issue and have addressed it but have not yet released the update for the reasons explained by Tony.

Last edited:
I prefer to wait for the 'official fix' and have instead been creating my own sessions using this superb route.
Jango, et al are masterful and at their absolute best in this wonderful creation.
The scenery is beautifully crafted with many details worthy of closer inspection, especially the rivers and streams in the gorges.
Definitely a keeper!

Never had TS12 but have always been able to obsolete an asset. Have used it many times to update an unknown asset to one that is available. Once I have opened the route with the replacement I do a save. This stores the new kuid and removes the unknown one from the config. Once saved I revert the new asset back to the original. You don't need to obsolete your own asset as you just increase the version number.

I'm certain that this was changed during the development of TS12. People were uploading assets to the DLS that obsoleted either built-in or other user's creations. When they were downloaded they replaced every instance of that obsoleted asset on all your routes in a stealth manner. In one case, a series of billboards were changed to display a graphic that was not in the original language leading many users to wonder what had happened.

Oddly, N3V used this technique to obsolete older built-in ground textures in TANE on the included routes which had the effect of making loading in an old route to TANE quite an adventure as ground textures would be wildly different and often glowing with a bright light.

They don't - the fix is coming probably later today. The issue here with Denver affects beta users only. We could not release an update without breaking things for all non-beta users (which is a much larger group).

They don't - the fix is coming probably later today. The issue here with Denver affects beta users only. We could not release an update without breaking things for all non-beta users (which is a much larger group).

The "fix" or the fixes I ask myself.

Back