SP2 to SP4: Does Trainz automatically apply SP4 after SP3?

shebashetan7

Hey guys,

I'm probably gonna update my copy of TRS19 SP2 to SP4 very soon and I have a question on the patching process. Does Trainz automatically apply SP4 after installing SP3 or does it stop once that step is done and I have to wait for the SP3 database rebuild to finish before resuming the update to SP4?

You'll have to patch your way through SP3 to get to SP4 (so basically a 2 update process).
If you want to bypass the database updates after applying SP3 go your TRS19 directory and click on the Patch Installer.exe to open the updater. There you can select TRS19, enter your my Trainz account info if its not already entered, select the TRS19 public stream and you'll be good. You can apply S4 using this method as well.

The only time Trainz will automatically update to the latest version is if you are reinstalling TRS19 from your my Trainz account.

Cheers

You'll have to patch your way through SP3 to get to SP4 (so basically a 2 update process).
If you want to bypass the database updates after applying SP3 go your TRS19 directory and click on the Patch Installer.exe to open the updater. There you can select TRS19, enter your my Trainz account info if its not already entered, select the TRS19 public stream and you'll be good. You can apply S4 using this method as well.

The only time Trainz will automatically update to the latest version is if you are reinstalling TRS19 from your my Trainz account.

Cheers

Alrighty so I'll have to repeat the patching cycle after SP3 but there is an option to delay the database rebuild after the first patch is applied. Since TRS19 usually automatically starts the database repair after first opening the patched game, I have to make sure that the game is completely closed (the process is not running) before running the patcher for SP4?

If doing it from the Trainz launcher shown below then no there is no way to avoid the database update from happening.
HXbu6Md.jpg

Doing it from the directory itself and opening the Patch Installer.exe won't launch Trainz in anyway until you launch it yourself. If you are outdated and want to update the fastest way possible then this would be the route to take.
4bVcenX.jpg

If installed to the default location TRS19 will be located in C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019.

Cheers

Oh that is pretty nice! TRS19 automatically starts the database update after a patch because the game was running when the user started the update. I'll let the database repair run overnight. It takes the longest time when it is ran after a patch.

Yes if you try 2nd method by going into the directory and updating that way and TRS19 is still running then that'll also trigger the database update. Had that happen back in the early days of TANE. I have to agree updating Trainz isn't fun especially when you have a large content folder that the database has to go through haha.

Cheers

If you want to bypass the database updates after applying SP3 go your TRS19 directory and click on the Patch Installer.exe to open the updater. There you can select TRS19, enter your my Trainz account info if its not already entered, select the TRS19 public stream and you'll be good.
Wish I had known this trick yesterday.

I had to patch up one SP at a time, but it wasn't bad other than the database repairs.

Back