Ok I purchased TRS22 - now what?

bmheron

Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm a casual player who loves playing this game. I signed up for TRS Plus for one year so I could try it out and get TRS22 forever. And really my main motivation was the Amtrak Superliner set.

I already have TRS19 Platinum build 114800. Do I actually have to 'download and install' TRS19 "plus"? Is there any difference?

Also when I download and install TRS22 (Beta) do I still keep the TRS 19 build or does it replace 19? I'm short on hard drive space so really only room for one version.

Great job Tony and team, just a little confusing (as always) between the different offerings - plus, gold, platium, etc.

PS -
I dont build routes (not now anyway) so Surveyor 2.0 isnt important. My question is --- how do I get TRS 22?

I have TRS19 running on a simple laptop that always has worked great with TRS

Hi,
Welcome to the new versions!
1) at present TS19 plus (version 5) is the current beta2) TS22 is the same beta, but with the enhanced surveyor.
3) KEEP YOUR CURRENT TS19!
you really don't want to have only a beta version on your computer! If you want to try the beta, copy an existing install & patch the copy...

If your running a desktop, I'd really recommend buying a SSD just for Trainz - it really makes a difference in performance.

Al the best for 22

Colin

Hello Colin thanks for replying!!
Ok got it. I am running a laptop so need to explore options for external storage if any.

Ok so then next question is how do I get access to the Denver route that has the superliner consist? Or will that be released with the full TRS version?

Ok this is really confusing. I ran the installation process for TRS22. I finished but only installed a new folder in C:\program files\NV3 Games\Trains Railroad Simulator 2022

The TRS 22 folder and subfolders are all empty, zero bytes of files.

So...to what Colin said about TRS22 Beta and TRS 19 being the same, I'm guessing b/c I already had TRS19 Platinum installed it didnt go through with the re-installation of the same game?

So guess I'll just wait until TRS 22 is officially released. At that point what will happen? Will my TRS19 Platinum build just automatically update? When will the new routes, locos, and rolling stock in TRS22 be available to me?

So excited but also so confused :)

Hello Colin thanks for replying!!
Ok got it. I am running a laptop so need to explore options for external storage if any.

Ok so then next question is how do I get access to the Denver route that has the superliner consist? Or will that be released with the full TRS version?
I asked same ? 3 days ago still no answer.

And really my main motivation was the Amtrak Superliner set.

Oh man are you going to be disappointed... it's not an "Amtrak Superliner set" it's just 2 Superliner cars, a coach & a coach baggage. There are currently no plans either to finish the set.

peter

Hi Peter, just seeing this now. Wow that really stinks. But I guess not a surpise. Thanks for the response.

Yes i understand but i don't see it, i payed almost $70 for trains plus just looking for the easy way of getting the routes without having to jump thru hoops. Thanks

The TRS22 routes appear in the Routes menu and in Content Store > Purchased tab. Is that where you are looking and unable to see them? Or where were you looking for them?

Hi Peter, just seeing this now. Wow that really stinks. But I guess not a surpise. Thanks for the response.
I also just noticed on the Amtrak set that the wheels aren't even animated on the P42 loco. The author probably thought it wasn't noticeable, but my keen eyes detected it. While I understand high quality content can be expensive, It does seem a bit cheap on N3V's part to just commission two coaches instead of the whole set - just to fit the session setting only. I really hope they don't do this with the upcoming MK1 and MK3 coaches...

Last edited:
I also just noticed on the Amtrak set that the wheels aren't even animated on the P42 loco. The author probably thought it wasn't noticeable, but my keen eyes detected it. While I understand high quality content can be expensive, It does seem a bit cheap on N3V's part to just commission two coaches instead of the whole set - just to fit the session setting only. I really hope they don't do this with the upcoming MK1 and MK3 coaches...

Seeing as its JointedRails P42, I am pretty sure there is either a bug or script error that is making the wheels not animate like there suppose to. Looking at the other JR P42s the wheels are animated.

Seeing as its JointedRails P42, I am pretty sure there is either a bug or script error that is making the wheels not animate like there suppose to. Looking at the other JR P42s the wheels are animated.

Actually I found out the P42 (body) is the only JR asset - the P42 bogies in question and the super liner coaches are made by ILIOSIN. It probably is an error, as the bogies for the coach cars, which are slightly different, are animated.

Also, if you look under the coaches, you will see there is no underside. You can just see right through. Once again, it seems the author thought he could cut a corner where he thought nobody would look! Quite noticeable while going over a bridge.

Last edited:
Back