Custom filters and picklists lost

gusztavj

Guys, when I upgraded to Trainz Plus Beta for S20, all my custom filters and picklists have been lost, even though I used the same local data folder. I'm talking about dozens of carefully compiled items, some containing dozens of conditions. Is there a way to retrieve them?

Did you set up a separate data folder and separate program install for the Beta?

Load up the previous version, if you still have that.

Open a pick list in Content Manager.
Highlight the assets.
Right-click and choose view assets in a new window.
Select the list of KUIDS at the top part of the window.
Press CTRL+C to copy.
Paste this to a text file.
Repeat this for all your pick lists. When pasting into the text file, put in spaces after each list of KUIDs.

In your Beta-version:

In Content Manager, click on Install and add in Asset-KUID.

This will display put in an empty space to type in KUIDs, but we will paste them in here instead.

In your text file you created previously, select the first list of KUIDs.
Paste this into the Asset-KUID space mentioned.

This will list only those kuids.

Highlight this list, choose, add to Pick list.
Repeat this for your remaining KUIDs you saved in the text file.

Why you lost your pick lists, I don't know because mine came over fine.

Hi John,

No, unfortunately I don't have the previous version. Actually when I changed to the TP Beta update stream I was told there's a new version which I expected to be just an update like the ones we got throughout the last year, it was not clear this will deploy TRS 22 instead of 19, so that compatibility probably breaks. That's why I let it install to my TRS 2019 folder.

So at this point I don't have the previous version. Is there a way to find the files storing filters and picklists?

Back