Beavermouth to Ottertail

Andreas556

Good evening. I have a question about the Beavermouth to Ottertail + Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin Routes from the store.

I do not understand what content I am getting or whether I have to buy both routes to fully play Beavermouth to Ottertail. Maybe it's just Google Translation that I don't understand. Can you help me. best regards

The Canadian Rockies routes are very well done segments of the main railroad across the Canadian West. Each represents a section with a particular attraction, like the Columbia River, or a mountain pass. I highly recommend them, and they are often on sale as well.

Good evening. I have a question about the Beavermouth to Ottertail + Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin Routes from the store.

I do not understand what content I am getting or whether I have to buy both routes to fully play Beavermouth to Ottertail. Maybe it's just Google Translation that I don't understand. Can you help me. best regards

I don’t have either of these routes but from what I can see “Beavermouth to Ottertail” route overlaps and extends the “Columbia River Valley” route. The town of Beavermouth is/was (it no longer exists) situated at the mouth of the Beaver River, the route the railway took west to reach Rogers Pass in the Selkirk Mountain range. The Mica damn on the Columbia River, completed in 1973, created a reservoir (visible on the map) that extends as far up river and the old town site of Beavermouth. From Golden in the Columbia River valley the railroad follows the Kicking Horse River valley to the Kicking Horse Pass in the Rocky Mountain range passing through Ottertail on the way. The Columbia River valley is situated between the two ranges.

OCGJYae.jpg

https://store.trainzportal.com/prod...dian-rocky-mountains-beavermouth-to-ottertail

So, I would think you would have the whole route with the “Beavermouth to Ottertail” route. As Tony says you can buy one or both, but I am not sure why you would want both. Like the name says "Beavermouth TO Ottertail" not Beavermouth and Ottertail".

Cayden

Last edited:
Interesting. So if I have Columbia River Basin, Rogers Pass, and Golden B.C. does that cover all of Beavermouth to Ottertail? I know I still don't have the spiral tunnels and hope to get that route soon.

The description for Beaver to Ottertail in my in game store states: "Purchasing the DLC will see you get the entire Canadian Rock Mountains Columbia River Basin route + the Beavermouth to Ottertail extension all combined in the one route."

Ah, thanks. Wouldn't it be great if they added it to those of us who already bought the Columbia River route.

Hello folks.

First of all, thank you very much for your answers and sorry that I am only now reacting to them. On the one hand, I hadn't received an email notification after Tony's first reply and, on the other hand, I had now rummaged through the Rocky Mountain DLC myself to understand what was being offered to me as a buyer.

Since I think that one or the other might ask the question, like me, which Rocky Mountains DLC should I buy, I'll write my information here.

There are currently, Jan 2022, a total of 7 DLC. In order from West (Revelstoke) to East (Cochrane)

1-> Viktor Lake to Ross Peak and Glacier
2-> Rogers Pass

3-> Columbia River Basin
4-> Golden, BC
5-> Beavermouth to Ottertail

6-> Ottertail to Castle Jct
7-> Baker Crk to West of Calgary

The "problem" are the three in the middle 3, 4, 5, which are offered with the same / similar map content.

3-> Columbia River Basin + 4-> Golden, BC are completely the same and only differ in the tasks or, in 4-> Golden, BC in the enclosed Rocky Mountaineer tourist train. At 5-> Beavermouth to Ottertail, the route was extended a little west to Beavermouth and a little longer east to Ottertail. As I understand it, 3-> Columbia River Basin and 5-> Beavermouth to Ottertail also have different roles.

I had already noticed this before I wrote the post here in the forum. Since I only now, yes I know I'm late, switched from TANE to TRS19 and bought the TRS19 - North American Edition, I already owned 4-> Golden, BC and wanted a double purchase or a similar route avoid, but I wasn't sure if I understood the English text correctly. In addition, with the TS from DTG (I own more than 480 DLC), I am used to the fact that with Route Extension you always need the first, original route, and with N3V Trainz I had no experience with it.

I don't want to discuss the sense or nonsense of double offers, it is the way it is and there is what the developer offers for sale, the purchase decision rests with the buyer.

The statement that 3-> Columbia River Basin + 5-> Beavermouth to Ottertail are different routes can in my opinion not be seen that way, but everyone has a different focus on the matter.

After all this was clear to me and I understood it and then found your answers here, I started to take a closer look at the other Rocky Mountains routes and see what content I get there. In the end I decided to go to the 7-> Baker Crk to West of Calgary. This route is exceptionally long and also offers a different landscape than Golden, BC. I think this is the longest route I've seen for a railroad game. There are also opportunities for industry. However, only two tasks are offered. An automatic and a dispatcher version + a QD. For me its OK.
Map%202022-01-04.png

Map%202022-01-04.png

I will shortly be making a video of the route, where I drive the route completely. I didn't find that many videos about Trainz Rocky Mountains on YT.

I thank you for your attention and stay healthy in these times.

best regards from Hamburg / Germany

Thank you for the clarification, Andreas556. If accurate, I feel a bit ripped off having bought the same route twice ("3-> Columbia River Basin + 4-> Golden, BC are completely the same and only differ in the tasks or, in 4-> Golden, BC in the enclosed Rocky Mountaineer tourist train.") Even more if they are both subsets of Beavermouth to Ottertail, as stated in previous posts. I guess my lack of knowledge of Canadian Geography and failure to investigate as you have, resulted in Caveat Emptor, indeed. As I understand it, it was N3V that decided how to split these routes up, so if three routes are covering much the same ground, I guess it has been good for their coffers. Well, shame on me as well, because I haven't gotten around to really scoping the two routes I have to see what similarities and overlaps there are. That will start today.

Thank you for the clarification, Andreas556. If accurate, I feel a bit ripped off having bought the same route twice ("3-> Columbia River Basin + 4-> Golden, BC are completely the same and only differ in the tasks or, in 4-> Golden, BC in the enclosed Rocky Mountaineer tourist train.") Even more if they are both subsets of Beavermouth to Ottertail, as stated in previous posts. I guess my lack of knowledge of Canadian Geography and failure to investigate as you have, resulted in Caveat Emptor, indeed. As I understand it, it was N3V that decided how to split these routes up, so if three routes are covering much the same ground, I guess it has been good for their coffers. Well, shame on me as well, because I haven't gotten around to really scoping the two routes I have to see what similarities and overlaps there are. That will start today.

You might want to look at this here:

Trainz Route: Canadian Rocky Mountains - Beavermouth to Ottertail | Trainz Store (trainzportal.com)

This was an update from the TANE version and is a separate purchase most likely. Since I have Plus, I already have this.

There is a bit of overlap, but I can understand why. The routes are divided up by divisions within the Canadian Rocky Mountains by CP Rail. Rogers Pass is a distinct division from the others, for example. I can also understand why the route has been divided up. I have the original TS12 version I purchased directly from Roy and the route download alone is about 500 MB not counting the dependencies. With the TRS19 versions being more complex, with bigger content to start with, these downloads are far larger to start with and the route then is impossible to load in in its entirety without TRS2019 fainting and passing out, I mean crashing to the desktop on all but the heftiest systems during the installation.

Re-EDIT: Given more thought, I was voicing some momentary frustration. I would still recommend all of the Canadian Routes. Roy has done an incredible job creating these and they are among the best that Trainz has to offer!

Last edited:
Rogers Pass, with the snowsheds and things is exceptional. Will try to post some shots, other than that might be OT.

Back