How to reskin a platform.

Memeyisaword

Hi, I am planning to reskin one of the platforms made in the city rail project, and I am trying to make the blue dots orange and maybe change the yellow dots to a bit of a brighter yellow, but because each dot is well, a dot, there is no way i am adding bit by bit, so how would I reskin this platform? I could link the image of the texture if needs be, I am reskinning this in photopea, a free online version of photoshop, with a basically identical layout and identical feature's.

Regards, Douglas

To reskin an asset, you need to first clone it to create your own copy.

After you have your copy, it'll appear in Content Manager as "new asset" in the open for edit, edit the config.txt file to change the Username to your new model so not to get it mixed up with the existing one.

Save that and then open the asset in Explorer.

The texture files are the ones you edit.

This gets a bit complex to explain; there's a detailed explanation in this thread that I put together here:

are there any Alaska Railroad Passenger cars out there??? (auran.com)

All people that replied, I will be trying your things you said, I'll update when I have given them a go.

Cheers, Douglas

In Photoshop, under select use color range.
I seem a little confused, I don't see anything to replace the color, I can pick the blue dots, but I can't change the color.:confused:
EDIT: After a little searching on Google I found how to do it. Thanks both of you for your help. :)

Last edited:
Back