Class 11 Confirmed

I dunno if anyone has brought this up before but is there any chances of these having coupling scripts? Either with the ACS or CoupleStar standard. Afaik other dlc UK locos don't seem to feature any sort of animated couplers whatsoever which is pretty off putting to me. Since animated coupling are usually standard on UK stock even in the TRS04/06 days with pikka's original Bluestar system.

I dunno if anyone has brought this up before but is there any chances of these having coupling scripts? Either with the ACS or CoupleStar standard. Afaik other dlc UK locos don't seem to feature any sort of animated couplers whatsoever which is pretty off putting to me. Since animated coupling are usually standard on UK stock even in the TRS04/06 days with pikka's original Bluestar system.
If you look at these photos, you will see that they are indeed animated.

Here is a video I took awhile back:

Last edited:

*snip*

Here is a video I took awhile back:
*snip*

Should have done my research before asking. D’oh. But I wonder now specifically what they are operating with. CS, ACS or a proprietary script/config tags. If ACS then they should couple nicely with Peter Hicks’ Mk2s.

Should have done my research before asking. D’oh. But I wonder now specifically what they are operating with. CS, ACS or a proprietary script/config tags. If ACS then they should couple nicely with Peter Hicks’ Mk2s.
Its ok. I do a lot of digging so everyone else doesn't have to.:)

I found a video I made that actually shows the coupling up close:

Last edited:
I've been following this thread with interest and it's great to see such high quality items of UK rolling stock appearing. As I understand it, they all seem to be available only as part of a route/TRS22 or have I picked that up wrongly? I'll happily give N3V my money for stand alone versions of any high quality asset if they're compatible with TRS19.

Cheers,
Innis

The Tornado and HST are TRS2022 DLC, but the trainz build for the Tornado, class 47, and MK1 is 4.6 and 4.7, so if its going on the trainz store, it should be compatible with 19. But that's assuming they aren't intending to bundle all of this on a new UK route. It's hard for me to see them just sell that HST alone without a route or another asset to go with it...

The WCR 47 and Mk1's are built-in to TRS22 for the Liskeard-Looe route, so not sure whether they will appear as payware for TRS19.

To answer the coupling question from up thread, whilst both the loco and coaches have custom scripts they reference ACS script for the couplings. Testing in game I pleased to confirm that the loco happily couples to a rake of build 2.9 wagons equiped with ACS couplings downloaded from the DLS.

It's hard for me to see them just sell that HST alone without a route or another asset to go with it...

I can't say with any certainty, but I'd hazard a guess both the HST and 47 would both be big sellers as standalone DLC as there are more and more UK routes appearing to the relevant builds all the time, albeit slowly, and a reasonably sized UK market which is on the hunt for modern versions of Trainz staples, which although rapidly ageing like the prototypes, remain hugely popular. I'd happily buy both but don't necessarily want the routes they're packaged with.

I'm lucky in that I still have Snowsignal's HST (though it is looking a bit shiny in recent Trainz versions and is a little oversize) but lost his 47 which always pleased me in having animated louvres. Out of interest, does the new 47 have such animation?

If anything like the 47 etc included in the TRS22 Beta is also going to get released as DLC, I would think it's not going to happen until TRS22 is actually released, which isn't for a while yet.

Thanks for these pictures dundun, I have to say, those Mk1 windows just look so wrong! I couldn't use these - it's a major fail if N3V commissioned these.

Paul

And that's the difference between those who "want to play with pretty things" and miserable gits like me who's trying to recreate an accurate representation of a now passed era that I can still remember vividly. ....
I'm with you on this Anthony!

Paul

The numbering is also wrong on at least one and possibly two Blue and Grey Mk1s - let's hope that gets sorted out before release.

Just a question about the new class 43 HST power car - will this come with new Mk3 trailers? As, if not, then it would be completely pointless!

Paul

Just a question about the new class 43 HST power car - will this come with new Mk3 trailers? As, if not, then it would be completely pointless!

Paul
Yes, MK3s are included. You can see them in the TRS2022 trailer and the liskeard to looe trailer, as well as this picture Rob sent:

o3J17FH.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, that’s certainly a welcome upgrade from the previous HST! An actual MK3 interior is included - that’s wonderful! Now, by any chance, is the actual interior for the Class 43 upgraded? If not, that’d be a shame.

I don't plan to get TRS22 at the current time.
Neither do I. Lets hope it becomes DLC for both TRS19 and 22 (I don't see why it wouldn't, unless N3V is trying to force people onto the new platform).

Now, by any chance, is the actual interior for the Class 43 upgraded? If not, that’d be a shame.
Its a completely new model from scratch, and I would assume, without a doubt, that It has a new interior.

Back