unused auran dash 9

why was this dash 9 never used in trainz and what happened to it
dash.jpg

It would help if you could supply a kuid value. That picture could be one of 5 BNSF Dash 9 units, in that specific colour scheme, that are available on the DLS.

How do you know that it has "never been used in trainz"? Have you checked every USA route and session?

I just checked the Web DLS (Download Station link at the top of this page) and those orange-black BNSF Dash 9s have been downloaded a total of 14,379 times.

Last edited:
Yeah, the question is confusing. If it is an asset provided by Auran, it is available for anyone to use, even though it might not have been used in provided routes. Every asset available is a good asset!

I wish that model would've been released, despite the cab appears to be shorter than any of the more accurate Dash 9 models. This was supposed to be Auran's answer to the default Dash 9 in MSTS which was also inaccurate and this was made before World of Trainz first came online. Speaking of World Of Trainz, I did try going after their early freeware SD70MAC models made before they became payware and didn't get any from searching them a few years back. Both of these models may be gone, but who knows if any of would be stored on someone's old harddrive put away somewhere which I don't think will see the light again.

Back