Settle and Carlisle Ride Sessions not working

wreeder

RGS Railfan
I'm seeing the following behavior in TRS19 Platinum SP4, TRS22 Beta and Trainz Plus. This product includes a number of sessions where all the trains are programmed using driver commands to allow the player to sit back and watch them run. They include (Ride) in the name of the session. The proper behavior can be seen in my TRS19 Platinum SP2 installation. You start the session and are presented with the Control Mode dialogue box and the trains begin to run based upon their list of driver commands including the train with focus. You can choose to close the dialogue box with the close button and the trains continue to run as they should.

In the above builds, closing the Control Mode dialogue box kicks the train with focus into DCC mode and suspends the execution of the driver commands. You can restart the executions of the commands by using CTRL + Right Click to issue the Continue Schedule command. So it appears that the Control Mode dialogue is forcing a switch to DCC mode even when no choice is made by the player.

Edit: I verified my suspicion by leaving the Control Mode dialogue open and the sessions run as expected until I closed the dialogue and was switched to DCC mode with the schedule suspended.

Last edited:
Back