12/28/21- New Payware Release, F45's in BN & ATSF Variations!

jointedrail

Official N3V DLC Partners
Todays new items are:

Payware
- BN F45
- ATSF Pinstripe F45
- ATSF Bonnet F45

Clubcar
- UP GSC 42ft flatcar- For TS19 Only
NS_37_61bc031736c68-scaled.jpg

NS_37_61bc03178bb7c-scaled.jpg
NS_37_619d9c46959eb-scaled.jpg

render1.png

The FP45s appear to be by norfolksouthern37. The older F45s from VMD were also by him, this is a nice nod to an old flame!

But this is so amazing. I honestly can't wait for some of the old 2011-2012 era payware to get demoted to freeware, they look pretty dated compared to these. It happened to many of the SD40-2s and SW1500s

Last edited:
Outstanding work, I actually managed to see them on the JR store a few minutes before they were announced! I was just pursuing what I should buy next and bam, F45's out of nowhere.

Safe to say this was an instant purchase, wonderful job by Justin and the JR team.

To be completely accurate I did not make the VMD F/P45, those were by threeheadedmonkey. I joined VMD after the fact.

Don't forget SG1 did the textures.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the FP45 in the red bonnet on silver body scheme. It was the best HO scale engine I owned. Big can motor the size of a d cell battery and two huge flywheels.

Thanks for bringing these beauties back.

Thanks heaps for the new stuff fella's, Looks like a ton of effort went into these so thanks again.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Thanks for the stuff! Just bought them and they're running great! Shame the ATSF ones didn't get a new RS3L.

2022-01-04-164255.jpg

2022-01-04-164719.jpg

2022-01-04-165410.jpg

The horn is the default S3L #4 and not a custom one

So should it be our understanding that once one of our horn assets becomes "default" we can no longer use it? The horn is no less custom than it was when it became included with Trainz. It is an interesting way to look at it to me and I would like to understand.

sorry should have explained it better, what i meant was that the ATSF F45 does not have a custom horn made for it only, like the CSX GP38-2, that one has a custom horn made for it especially, the F45 uses a horn that is not made for it especially.

sorry should have explained it better, what i meant was that the ATSF F45 does not have a custom horn made for it only, like the CSX GP38-2, that one has a custom horn made for it especially, the F45 uses a horn that is not made for it especially.

Interesting take, but from my perspective none of the horn sounds were made for the models they are used on specifically. I have a list of horn kuids for different horn model types that I use. basically if I've modelled a certain type of horn I just choose whatever one I think sounds okay and don't put much more thought to it than that. I will take all of this into account.

Is there something wrong with the horn? This is not the first time I've seen it mentioned but I can not understand why.

There's nothing wrong with the horn. No offense, but in my opinion it's overused and kind of...old. The oldest asset that I have that has this horn is the ATSF SD45 from the Mojave Sub. There isn't a problem, as horns are not the thing that matters the most and I can always swap or make my own :)

Not trying to start a flame war just stating an opinion.

Last edited:
Back