The new TRS2022 routes

I've just watched the videos of the new routes that come with TRS2022. Wow!~! -- they look absolutely stunning. They are several orders of magnitude better than any of the built-ins with previous editions of Trains.

Does anybody know who the route creators were?

Videos here:

https://store.trainzportal.com/page...25&mc_cid=422e2d2938&mc_eid=088ff318d3#route1

Phil
Lesley built Bairnsdale - Orbost, which is very accurate as far as grades and trackwork go. It's definitely a challenge on a wet night with eucalyptus oil dripping off the trees and wet sand means a long walk for the fireman with billy full of sand in hand.
Trainz Italia built West from Denver and is well up to their usual standard
Marky7890 built Liskeard to Looe
Oleg Khim built Beloreck - South Ural mountains
not sure who has built Schwaninger Land but an old beta of it is on the DLS
The first 4 of the routes I have tested are well worthwhile additions to anyones route library despite the couple of rough edges at this early stage.
cheers
Graeme

Out of curiosity, how to the Beloreck & Liskeard routes differ from the payware versions already available for TRS19?

Cheers,
Piere.

The Bairnsdale - Orbost, West from Denver and Liskeard to Looe are also included in Trainz Plus. Not sure about the Beloreck - South Ural. The Schwaninger Land is coming out in March.

The Bairnsdale - Orbost, West from Denver and Liskeard to Looe are also included in Trainz Plus. Not sure about the Beloreck - South Ural. The Schwaninger Land is coming out in March.

Ahh, ok, thanks. I have the Bairnsdale - Orbost, Liskeard to Looe and Beloreck - South Ural routes with Trainz Plus but not (as yet) West from Denver, but I'm not using the Beta Streams either, so that may be why.

Cheers,
Piere.

For those who have access to the routes, either in the TRS22 Beta or TRS19 Plus, what are your impressions?

I had a problem with the West from Denver, a TRS19 only asset was missing from a session in the package. I was told that this will be fixed in an update. I have not spent a great deal of time on this route.

Liskeard to Looe is a visual delight with 3 sessions (one of which I created so that makes me biased). It is a single line working route with only one train on the line at any one time so it is not a great challenge to complete the 3 sessions. The session featured in the video is a special enthusiast excursion trip with specially created rolling stock and well worth a run. The other two sessions replicate the normal single car passenger service that runs between Liskeard and Looe. The lack of competing rail traffic gives you time to look at the passing scenery.

I have completed only one of the Bairnsdale - Orbost sessions. Impressive visuals with shunting tasks along the way.

Last edited:
West from Denver(Westbound)

Visually good, but my system has a the small snowy vegetation popping up as the train approaches - one moment rolling snow + bushes, the next small vegetation pop-ups.
There's a missing asset (Passengers), and on one curve I had "excessive speed" warning even though the track limit is 60mph.

I've not completed this session - it starts in the middle of a plain - and it's a long way to the destination.
Further comments when I reach the mountains...

Colin

I did get to run all the session for West from Denver before the update broke it, very nice but sessions do not go all the way to the end of the map, only about 1/4, I did run my Zephyr end to end at 110mph in about 1hr.

For WFD, I think instead of just using two engines for a route, N3V should partner up with more sites and get more locomotives, such as a UP SD40-2, AC44CW or SD70M for some variety. I think the scenes where GP38-2's are passing modern Amtrak P42's are a bit strange as UP does not use GP38-2's on long-haul freights.

My consensus.

I don't have it, but from the videos you shared, Phil, the new routes and locos look absolutely amazing (esp the locomotives).:D Its the closest N3V will come to the LOD of some of its competitors.

My thoughts on route West from Denver: My primary Trainz activity is to build my own routes and run trains on it, as opposed to using other's routes. But I like to explore other people's routes for inspiration and ideas to use. I just spent an hour or so exploring West from Denver in surveyor, and this may be the best route I have ever seen in Trainz as far as scenery and attention to visual detail is concerned, especially for a route so large. I struggle with TurfFX on my routes, but West from Denver does TurfFX very well. There is also a lot of new content (mainly buildings) that might interest builders of routes set in the western Canada or USA.

Well done Trainz Italia.

West from Denver(Westbound)

Visually good, but my system has a the small snowy vegetation popping up as the train approaches - one moment rolling snow + bushes, the next small vegetation pop-ups.
There's a missing asset (Passengers), and on one curve I had "excessive speed" warning even though the track limit is 60mph.

I've not completed this session - it starts in the middle of a plain - and it's a long way to the destination.
Further comments when I reach the mountains...

Colin
The vegetation popping up is ClutterFX and has a tendency to do that.
If you are driving a session of your own making, Driver Speed Rule needs to be included in the session rules to enable speed limit signs on the route.

Last edited:
Thanks Grazlash for the info about Clutter FX.

My comment about excessive curve warning should have been better worded...

Driving at 58mph in a 60mph limit the curve triggered the excessive curve speed warning. For me, I know the system does this (it seems to be built-in, like the rough handling warning). However, a new player will be confused or puzzled by the warning.

Thanks
Colin

Well, that didn't go well!

I packaged the "Prod People 19" from TS 19 into a cdp, then imported it into TS22...

Both the Westbound and Eastbound sessions report "faulty assets" - the big exclamation mark on the thumbnail.
Trying both sessions results in the loco (and only the one loco - no carriages) being place in a white-out far out in the badlands...

Deleting & reloading the route/session doesn't help, I'm now rebuilding the database (nothing open for edit).

Any thoughts?

Colin

Update:-
Fine, Prod People 19 is faulty in TS22 - it's looking for attachment points that don't exist.
Deleted file, re-rebuild database....

Last edited:
Well, that didn't go well!

I packaged the "Prod People 19" from TS 19 into a cdp, then imported it into TS22...

Both the Westbound and Eastbound sessions report "faulty assets" - the big exclamation mark on the thumbnail.
Trying both sessions results in the loco (and only the one loco - no carriages) being place in a white-out far out in the badlands...

Deleting & reloading the route/session doesn't help, I'm now rebuilding the database (nothing open for edit).

Any thoughts?

Colin

Update:-
Fine, Prod People 19 is faulty in TS22 - it's looking for attachment points that don't exist.
Deleted file, re-rebuild database....

Thank you, Colin for reporting this here. You saved me a lot of time. I was going to do the same thing!

The new routes are nice, just ran the Local session in West to Denver. At the risk of being off topic - Also check on this finely detailed DLS offering by waxworks: Stockton Terminal
Run it in TRS19. (There are some issues in '22, at least in my install.)

Last edited:
Well that was/is a disaster!

Deleted all the caches, extended database repair, no difference. Deleted prod people 19,extended dB repair, o difference

Deleted TRS22, reinstalled from scratch, no difference.
That's TRS 22 broken!

I'll check a few more routes, but this doesn't look good.

Colin

Indeed, the new routes look amazing! However, in the preview video of the new German route I noticed that the trains were driving on the left. I have lived in Europe long enough to know that they drive on the right as they do in the Netherlands. Comments?

Chuck

Back