West from Denver - oddities

ColPrice2002

I've just tried out the Winter Park Express (Westbound) route in TRS 22 (115985):-

As noted, there's a missing KUID - "Prod Passengers 2019"

The other oddity I've seen is that around the 9 mile marl, there's a left hand bend in the track - at this point the speed limit is 60mph and I get the "Excessive curve speed" message. I'm happy ignoring it, but for one of the promoted routes this isn't a good thing for a new player to see.

Laslt, the throttle setting (DDC) is very sensitive - it seems to move in 7mph steps!.

With best wishes to all for a New Year free from health and financial worries

Colin

You don't have a name nor a password, so you are using mine. Pityfull.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
There are floating bits of roads and tracks out in space that can be seen when looking over the edge of the route near Denver.

Hi John,
screenshots please ?
Thanks

Well, I went looking and now they're nowhere to be found!

I did run an EDBR and wonder if that might have fixed it, but the other day there were road bits and track bits all out there in space as if during the route building process baseboards were removed. Now, it's all gone and looks like it should. Also fixed are the script errors I was getting as well, which prompted me to run the EDBR in the first place

John,

In addition to the two Amtrak sessions I made several others that N3V did not adopt and one has two locomotives and an invisible speed sign that have been pushed off the map. I have been unable to recover them in the original session but a rebuild of the session with the same assets on the same tracks works OK. I suspect that there may be some issues with displaced items and an EDBR should remove them so your remedy seems to have worked.

Running the Local session now... Appreciate that you have the session so that the engineer waits for the brakeman to get out and do his duties. I generally simulate that in other sessions but this is the first were it's built into the session. Nice route and nice session. Looking forward to completion of this session and running the others (when able.)

John,

In addition to the two Amtrak sessions I made several others that N3V did not adopt and one has two locomotives and an invisible speed sign that have been pushed off the map. I have been unable to recover them in the original session but a rebuild of the session with the same assets on the same tracks works OK. I suspect that there may be some issues with displaced items and an EDBR should remove them so your remedy seems to have worked.

Wow. That's interesting and thank you for the information. I've had weird things like that happen before on my routes with no explanation of why, but an eventual rebuild clears up the mess. At one point, I had clear water on one of my routes after suffering from an odd freeze while driving a session. For years I lived through the clear water, even going so far as to reinstall. This was clear and I mean it was completely clear like a fancy crystal wine glass. Then for some reason I had to rebuild everything again from scratch and that went away and has been fine since.

Resolved - see edit below

Sesson 03 "West Local" isn't working for me. I hit a signal that won't turn green. I ran twice just to be sure I'm not missing an instruction or such. Playing straight through, no saves, no saves and reloads.

- I drive to Rocky and drop off first consist and couple to 2nd consist.
- I pull forward to the "Stop" at the wye.
- I reverse to "back" down the wye towards the navigation "stop" found on the lead near the main (near signal 515584)
- I stop and get "Wait for Brakeman to throw Switch"
- Switch is thrown and a new navigation "stop" appears a bit down the main line
- My signal on the Lead never turns GREEN. I cannot proceed out onto the main.
The signal (515584) indicates "Train in block has not cleared this path" when hovered over.
Going past the red terminates the session.

edit: It just ocurred to me... I was backing down the lead in DCC mode (I normally drive Cab mode). Likely it will work if I reverse direction so train is moving forward if in DCC??

edit 2: CONFIRMED: In DCC mode you must be driving "Forward" (while pushing the consist) in order to get a Green signal indication.

Last edited:
My neighbor got smashed from a woman driving a drunk car. Her legs and hips are a mess. Doctors she will take at least 3 months before she comes home. Terrible.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
This was clear and I mean it was completely clear like a fancy crystal wine glass. Then for some reason I had to rebuild everything again from scratch and that went away and has been fine since.
Hi John,

I had problems during the session builds for the WfD route because if I found a missing speed limit I would report it to Jango and add it in the session to facilitate my testing. When the Master route builder sent me the updated Beta of the route I would delete the speed limits I had added in the session layer but they would reappear when I next started the session in driver.

After several failed attempts to remove them including EDBR and deleting the cache folder I submitted a ticket and the reply was that deleting some rules would only partly remove them.

I bit the bullet and remade the session on the current Beta of the route and worked from there, it was the only way I found to escape the residual effects of my mistaken belief that I could add and delete items from my sessions at will.
I wonder if your clear water could be information retained at the route layer in the same way that sessions have a memory of their own.

Greetings,

I installed TRS22 Beta a few days ago, updated to build 115985 yesterday, and downloaded the West From Denver route yesterday. When I attempt to drive the Winter Park Express - Westbound route, I get Ettore as the driver of consist 689, but the Amtrak locomotive off of the map. I have rebuilt the database, but it did not solve the problem. The images below illustrate what I'm writing about.

Thoughts and advice are appreciated. Thanks!

----
Blayne

y5QxJD.jpg

NnBtK9.jpg

Greetings,

I installed TRS22 Beta a few days ago, updated to build 115985 yesterday, and downloaded the West From Denver route yesterday. When I attempt to drive the Winter Park Express - Westbound route, I get Ettore as the driver of consist 689, but the Amtrak locomotive off of the map. I have rebuilt the database, but it did not solve the problem. The images below illustrate what I'm writing about.

Thoughts and advice are appreciated. Thanks!

----
Blayne

{Image removed from quote}

I've had that before in the past. The issue is the data hadn't fully cached yet. After waiting "some" time, the route populated, and the session ran fine with everything intact.

Hi John,

I had problems during the session builds for the WfD route because if I found a missing speed limit I would report it to Jango and add it in the session to facilitate my testing. When the Master route builder sent me the updated Beta of the route I would delete the speed limits I had added in the session layer but they would reappear when I next started the session in driver.

After several failed attempts to remove them including EDBR and deleting the cache folder I submitted a ticket and the reply was that deleting some rules would only partly remove them.

I bit the bullet and remade the session on the current Beta of the route and worked from there, it was the only way I found to escape the residual effects of my mistaken belief that I could add and delete items from my sessions at will.
I wonder if your clear water could be information retained at the route layer in the same way that sessions have a memory of their own.

My route didn't have any layers back then, or I didn't use them at the time. It took until 61866 to finally resolve the problem in TS12. When the route froze, the water initially turned to what appeared to be Lipton Chicken Soup mix before it became completely clear.

"...Deleting some rules would only partly remove them." That's not a good answer to get from the experts!

That UDS is a dangerous thing as I have found out as well. I ended up with missing track in one place and double-layered track in another. I'm glad everything worked out in the end because the sessions are really nicely done, and I look forward to others in the future.

I've had that before in the past. The issue is the data hadn't fully cached yet. After waiting "some" time, the route populated, and the session ran fine with everything intact.

Thanks for the suggestion, John. I've restarted the route and session, and after 30 minutes, no change has appeared. I'll leave it running another few hours to see what happens.

Hi 1611mac, do you mean you back down to the switch and signal. Helper changes switch but red light stays red. You say if you drive forward away from the signal the red turns green? Is this correct?

No... sorry I wasn't clear. In DCC mode if PUSHING the consist toward the signal with engine direction "backward" (DCC reverse) the signal stays red. If you change loco direction forward so DCC is FORWARD going toward signal the signal goes green when switch is thrown.

I've encountered this in other routes/sessions. If pushing a consist and loco going DCC backwards signals don't work properly. So in DCC mode you should always change the loco direction forward to your forward movement. Never "back up" (go in reverse) while pushing. Always go "forward." Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestion, John. I've restarted the route and session, and after 30 minutes, no change has appeared. I'll leave it running another few hours to see what happens.

I've let the WfD session Winter Park Express - Westbound run for a little over three hours, and data caching does not appear to be the problem. I think I'll try removing the route from my computer and re-downloading it.

----
Blayne

I've let the WfD session Winter Park Express - Westbound run for a little over three hours, and data caching does not appear to be the problem. I think I'll try removing the route from my computer and re-downloading it.

----
Blayne

same here - something wrong with this layout

Back