Tim Dickinson's BN Pacific Division

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hey everyone! When I was in to model trains as much as I am in to Trainz right now, I would watch videos about this model railroad, the BN Pacific Division. I recently came across this video by NSmodeler24 about the Pacific Division and I thought about it being a Trainz Model Railroad sometime. Anyways, here's NSmodeler24's video about the model railroad.

Enjoy!

Amazing layout, that must have taken an incredible investment of time, money and space! It would have been nice if he had panned out sometimes so we could get the overall feel for the layout, but I understand he was emphasizing all the detail on the route. DARTrider, you are a pretty knowledgeable loco guy. On the opening scene, the second and third locos look like they have long noses both ways. What kind of locos are those? Also, at 59 seconds, loco #4369 is passing the station, it has some kind of flat "decking?" (for lack of a better word) on top just behind the cab. Do you know what that is? Thanks for posting the video, I would love to be able to go visit that, wherever it is.

Those look like Alco locomotives. The number boards are "cut" in rather than attached as they are in GE or EMD units. Further down the train, there's a B-unit and another Alco RS3. I don't know the models exactly of the lead loco, an RSD45 perhaps, or the middle center-cab units.

That flat plate over the fans looks like a spark arrester. I remember seeing some of those once in a video of trains that traveled through the mountains and in places with lots of trees.

Thanks John! I can tell make model and year of most cars at first glance, but I really have a hard time telling locomotives apart. I know that GPs and SDs can be about the same other than GP stands for general purpose whereas SD stands for Special Duty or something like that, and I can tell major differences like flared radiators and such, but it will be a long time before I can look at a picture and tell you what is what! :confused:

The first train's consist is as follows: RS11, C415, C415, F7A, RS3, F7B. The #4369 is what I believe is either an ALCo C630 or a C636. I think those are just roofs to protect it from snow or such but I could be wrong.

The C415 was ALCo's weirdest diesel by far, as it was a center-cab 1500 horsepower switcher. The Rock Island, SP&S and a few other railroads had them.

Thanks DARTrider. I found quite a collection of the C415s on the DLS, including two BNs, some Rock Islands, a Western Maryland, Utah Belts, Georgia Pacifics, Weyerhausers, Rio Grandes, and lots more! IT will be fun to try these out, I am curious about cab view! They are all by btvfd and all version 2.9 from August2012, so a bit long in the tooth, I imagine. But newer than most of the RS11s I found!

Thanks DARTrider. I found quite a collection of the C415s on the DLS, including two BNs, some Rock Islands, a Western Maryland, Utah Belts, Georgia Pacifics, Weyerhausers, Rio Grandes, and lots more! IT will be fun to try these out, I am curious about cab view! They are all by btvfd and all version 2.9 from August2012, so a bit long in the tooth, I imagine. But newer than most of the RS11s I found!

TrainzForge has loads of RS11's you can use.

Here's their new website.

Trainz Forge (trainz-forge.com)

Their content is awesome. I've spent hours downloading it and using it all. I currently have their revamped Paul Weiser DL&W EMUs running on my Gloucester Electric. They look great and have some nice cab interiors as well.

Back