TRS22 Beta

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

Firstly - Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays. I wish everyone a happy new year.

Now then…

I have preordered TRS22, and have the beta lying around in MyTrainz. When my new laptop arrives (as I know TANE is incompatiable with Apple Silicon), I’m going to fire up TRS22 and see how things go. However, for those who have already run TRS22, how is it? More specifically:

1. How is performance on macOS Monterey with an M1 Pro chip? My new laptop will have an M1 Pro chip (not the Max, Trainz and Blender should run just fine on an M1 Pro if they already run nicely on a standard M1), so I’d like to know how performance is there specifically. (If you don’t have a Mac, or don’t have the specific one I asked for, I’d still like to know what your experience with performance is.)

2. How will installing built-in content from TANE work out? Is that possible to do so? (I asked before, and I’m pretty sure it is, but I would just like to be informed again, just in case.) And again, how does TANE content perform in TRS22?

3. Are there any game-breaking bugs in TRS22? Or any that I should be aware of? And does the game break content made for earlier games to an inreparable state? (I ask because I’m going to have to reinstall a plethora of old content onto TRS22, and - even though it’s in a beta - I’m still probably going to have access to all of my content when it officially releases. And again, doesn’t hurt to know.)

4. Now finally, how is the built-in content in TRS22? Is all of it good, or are there some things that one should avoid? Not only that, but is everything included straight from the get-go? (Even if I have to install the packages seperately, that’s fine.)

Thank you in advance to those who help out. Once again, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to all.

Andrew - SRKing783

Merry Christmas SRKing783 :)

Well I can't speak for the Mac side as I never owned a Mac computer but from Windows experience I can give you an idea.

1. Using the same hardware from TANE TRS22 runs pretty good on my 1060 3GB GPU and 16GB of RAM with my AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU. Still can't go higher than medium / high settings as my GPU hates it:hehe:

2. TRS22 comes with the core content and the Kickstarter County 2 route. The rest are all DLC packs that are downloaded from the Trainz content store under purchased. Content that was part of TANE should show up in the Content Store as well ready for downloading (basically DLC packs). Content performs about the same.

3. Every single Trainz game has game breaking bugs ;). Joke aside its actually stable considering its a beta. I been working on my next route project in TRS22 with the thanks of surveyor 2.0 which makes everything super easy. So far I haven't run into any gamebreak bugs except for one if you close the clutter settings and then reopen it then it crashes for me. Just don't reopen the clutter settings after closing it to avoid the crash.

4. Since I use what comes with the core version and not the DLC packs I think all of the builtin content is really good. In fact most of the content I think is better than what is found in TRS19.

I'm sure other Mac users will come with better answers then me but that's my experience with the game so far. Sorry couldn't answer the questions better.

Cheers

Well I can't speak for the Mac side as I never owned a Mac computer but from Windows experience I can give you an idea.
That doesn't necessarily mean that it won't help - it will give me a pretty good idea of how things should run on my end. Plus, it's nice to have multiple perspectives.

1. Using the same hardware from TANE TRS22 runs pretty good on my 1060 3GB GPU and 16GB of RAM with my AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU. Still can't go higher than medium / high settings as my GPU hates it:hehe:
That's very nice to know, thank you for that. I honestly don't plan on going any higher than medium or high settings for graphics (maybe maximum draw distance for a bit, just for kicks :hehe:), but nothing much, really.

2. TRS22 comes with the core content and the Kickstarter County 2 route. The rest are all DLC packs that are downloaded from the Trainz content store under purchased. Content that was part of TANE should show up in the Content Store as well ready for downloading (basically DLC packs). Content performs about the same.
Good to know, thank you.

3. Every single Trainz game has game breaking bugs ;). Joke aside its actually stable considering its a beta. I been working on my next route project in TRS22 with the thanks of surveyor 2.0 which makes everything super easy. So far I haven't run into any gamebreak bugs except for one if you close the clutter settings and then reopen it then it crashes for me. Just don't reopen the clutter settings after closing it to avoid the crash.
Ah! Well, I'm glad to know that the beta runs nice and stable. I just started a route project in TANE, but it will absolutely be finished in TRS22 due to the vast majority of assets. And as for the S2.0 issue... I didn't get the Trainz Plus deal, and as of right now have no plans to get the subscription soon, so I won't be able to experience that issue. One day, I will definitely get Trainz Plus, though.

4. Since I use what comes with the core version and not the DLC packs I think all of the builtin content is really good. In fact most of the content I think is better than what is found in TRS19.
Good to hear. From what I've seen in the trailers, it does seem like TRS22 will be an incredible game, and have content far better than any other train simulator out there. (Especially that Liskeard to Looe route - my God, that looks absolutely stunning. Even as a Yank, I admire the railways the Brits have far more than our own, so... I'm very excited for some new WCR content, a new InterCity 125, and Tornado. Very, VERY excited. At least, I hope that Tornado comes with the package.)

I'm sure other Mac users will come with better answers then me but that's my experience with the game so far. Sorry couldn't answer the questions better.
No need to apologize. I very much appreciated the information you've given me. I'm very excited to try out TRS22, and what you've said has certainly bolstered that excitement.

Once again, Merry Christmas.:D

Suggest you check out the Mac forum below. There are some discussions on just this topic. I beleive I'll be getting an M1 Mini today. I'll be anxious to compare it to the "mid-range" (GTX 1060-6) PC I built a couple years ago primarily to run Train sims. I use Mac for work and the PC for a bit of work but mostly sims. So many games aren't even available for Mac. Any Mac. Love OSX... Windows is just "clunky" to me. But that is likly because I've used Apple since Apple /// (Apple 3 - After the Apple 2 and before "Lisa")

Last edited:
Back