AC4400CW's not making certain noises.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hey RRMods team! I recently downloaded the SP, UP, UB and CEFX AC4400CW's from the N3V Store as part of the Christmas DLC deal. I had watched a video on these beforehand and while moving at high speed the engines seemed to make a whine sound that grew louder as speed increased. When I tried this, the train would get faster and faster but no whine was emitted. I'm at full throttle, in DCC and Cab Mode and this doesn't happen. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Last edited:
Happy New Year, the traction motor whine was disabled because the game cant seem to loop audio properly. Trainz likes to cut the audio it in and out so the effect was disabled because it became a nuisance. You can re-enable it through the config on all the assets under the extensions table. You will see a tag called ge_trac 0. Change the 0 to 1 so the tag now reads ge_trac 1 and save the config file changes and re-commit the asset. It will enable the traction motor sounds again. Hope this helps

Happy New Year, the traction motor whine was disabled because the game cant seem to loop audio properly. Trainz likes to cut the audio it in and out so the effect was disabled because it became a nuisance. You can re-enable it through the config on all the assets under the extensions table. You will see a tag called ge_trac 0. Change the 0 to 1 so the tag now reads ge_trac 1 and save the config file changes and re-commit the asset. It will enable the traction motor sounds again. Hope this helps

He bought his version through N3V as DLC, so he can't modify it. If he bought it thru RRMODS, then he could do what you said.

Back