Portal Fails on Second run of Session

boleyd

Build 116009

Simple test route - single piece of track, short basic portal at one end. A trackmark followed by a buffer(01 type.

Variety of engines specified in the Portal setup. The first run works perfectly. After restarting the second run fails as do all subsequent attempts with different engines. The Paused label appears but no engine appears.

Create a new track with portal and the first run works, others fail.

Last edited:
This is the quandary - Do you check here to see if there is a solution or do you just do the bug report despite a possible solution is waiting here?

115985 build and now it works well. No other problems. Using old surveyor.
Just a note - Merge worked as well.

Last edited:
This is the quandary - Do you check here to see if there is a solution or do you just do the bug report despite a possible solution is waiting here?

I do both to inform the N3V devs and QA (who cannot read every post in every thread) plus advise others in the forum. Other users may have found a workaround or can suggest solutions. There has been the odd occasion when I was the only one who noticed or had the problem, it may be something that was unique to my system or combination of assets or the way I was doing things, but at least I have informed as many as possible.

115985 build and now it works well. No other problems. Using old surveyor.
Just a note - Merge worked as well.

I will assume that the update solved the problem.

After reading a recent post about merge not working in the latest beta I tried it myself with two large routes. It worked perfectly. Sometimes problems are unique to individual setups, systems, actions, etc. These can be impossible to pin down.

Christmas is now 8 hours old here, so Merry Christmas Boleyd and all.

I switched to the full size Basic portal and no problems on TRS19 or TRS22. I always used short consists or lone engines and failures still happened on the short version.

Back